house gives cispa the ok.

tbarius

tumblr_lnaem3T6kz1qafrh6.jpg

obama said:
The Obama administration has already strongly opposed CISPA and threatened to veto it, so it's not likely that this particular version of the bill will pass. The White House says that the bill lacks civilian oversight and privacy protections, and that "without clear legal protections and independent oversight, information sharing legislation will undermine the public's trust in the government as well as in the internet by undermining fundamental privacy, confidentiality, civil liberties, and consumer protections." Still, the White House has signaled that it is interested in some form of cyber security bill, so this won't likely be its final act.

Hmm, I find it funny that the Democrats and Librals have been running this country for 4 years now and you still blame the republicans.

That's doubleplus ungood.

It's funny, because Congress has been run by the Republicans since the beginning of Obama's term.

This is more government control, therefore its a more democratic plan.
Less government control means a republican plan.

The plan has been backed far more by the republicans than the democrats. Republican governments gives more power and control to the government. A democratic government provides services to the people, as well as control over the government.

It's funny, because Congress has been run by the Republicans since the beginning of Obama's term.

The plan has been backed far more by the republicans than the democrats. Republican governments gives more power and control to the government. A democratic government provides services to the people, as well as control over the government.

I'm not going to argue about this. It will get nowhere. You believe what you want.

Assessing blame is more complicated than just democrat or republican. The faster people get rid of this dumbass mindset the faster we can actually start improving.
Politicsspeak 101 :

Engish | Politicsspeak

Yes = No

No = Yes
fixed that for ya
This is more government control, therefore its a more democratic plan.
Less government control means a republican plan.
In theory maybe, in reality no.
You believe what you want.
Everyone has a record, it is not a matter of belief.

You Americans seem to feel very strongly against opposing political parties.
It seems to me that you're either downright Democrat or downright Republican.
Don't get me wrong; I have zero clue what actually goes on in the US, and I'm making generalizations here.

But don't be so negative.

At least you live in a country where you can, at the very least, trust your government to, say, protect you by having measures such as police forces, armies and other things, like the Bill of Rights or whatever.

Just chill.

Or do what we Australians do, and just hate all the politicians!
I mean, Abbot's a wanker, Gillard's voice makes me want to pull out my eyeballs, and Brown scares me.
And Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Hates Gays Hates Jews.

You Americans seem to feel very strongly against opposing political parties.
It seems to me that you're either downright Democrat or downright Republican.
Don't get me wrong; I have zero clue what actually goes on in the US, and I'm making generalizations here.

But don't be so negative.

At least you live in a country where you can, at the very least, trust your government to, say, protect you by having measures such as police forces, armies and other things, like the Bill of Rights or whatever.

Just chill.

Or do what we Australians do, and just hate all the politicians!
I mean, Abbot's a wanker, Gillard's voice makes me want to pull out my eyeballs, and Brown scares me.
And Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Katter Hates Gays Hates Jews.

Yea well not trying to sound like a dick here but this is a big deal for us Americans because a huge part of our economy comes from the internet which CISPA can have a big impact on. So this might turn into a really bad economy.

Here's the whole problem:

We, as Americans, and as Internet users (maybe defenders), think that CISPA (just like SOPA and ACTA and dem otherz) can negatively affect us and our Internetz, despite the bill's good intentions.

I won't go into detail, seeing as I've already crossed the line of speaking Politics, so I'll sum it up.
These bills can be double-edged swords, and we fear that we'll get cut by our own creation.

Here's the whole problem:

We, as Americans, and as Internet users (maybe defenders), think that CISPA (just like SOPA and ACTA and dem otherz) can negatively affect us and our Internetz, despite the bill's good intentions.

I won't go into detail, seeing as I've already crossed the line of speaking Politics, so I'll sum it up.
These bills can be double-edged swords, and we fear that we'll get cut by our own creation.
Oh, I'm not disputed CISPA. It sounds awful, and if it's anything in the grain of SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and the like, it seems pretty Orwell-esque.

I was more commenting on the sentiments of those who posted before me, complaining about Obama / Republicans / Beese's left testicle, etc.

Back