How to use the science in magic math.

drsheep

At my local video game retailer, there was a special deal (buy one get one free), I bought a copy of the last two games I had already bought, then took the old receipts with the new copies and returned them "un-used" full money backables. Then I picked a random 60$ game. I can return the random game I chose for Black Ops upon releesh. FREE. GAME.

It's hardly stealing. It's exactly the same as if he bought the two games under the b1g1 sale, then paid full price for black ops.

It's hardly stealing. It's exactly the same as if he bought the two games under the b1g1 sale, then paid full price for black ops.

So he spends $30, gets 2 games. Returns 2 games, one which he didn't pay for as brand new, recieve $60. How is that not stealing. While probably not against the law, it's totally grey area.

So he spends $30, gets 2 games. Returns 2 games, one which he didn't pay for as brand new, recieve $60. How is that not stealing. While probably not against the law, it's totally grey area.

-60 for game one, Total: -60
-60 for game two, Total: -120
-60 for game one+two in b1g1: Total: -180
+120 for returning game one+two using first two receipts: Total: -60
-60 for buying black ops: Total: -120

Get it now?

-60 for game one, Total: -60
-60 for game two, Total: -120
-60 for game one+two in b1g1: Total: -180
+120 for returning game one+two using first two receipts: Total: -60
-60 for buying black ops: Total: -120

Get it now?

He gains nothing and/or is down $120

I know a guy that buys games at bestbuy or walmart or target. Plays them. And the uses a Euro sealer from bed bath beyond and some heat shrink plastic to wrap the games back up and return them...
Stealing? Renting? Being awesome? I dont know, but it works, and has worked for a LONG time.

Back