I AM NEVER PLAYING A SOUSAPHONE EVER AGAIN!

I AM NEVER PLAYIG A SOUSAPHONE AGAIN! I HURT BOTH OF MY SHOULDERS AND PULLED MY BACK MUSCLE! WORST MARCHING BAND EXPERIENCE EVER

Any tips to help my back and shoulders heal quick?

hehe, I just got back from my football game and my friend plays the sousaphone. That thing is huge lol. Thats why I play the trumpet :D

koasterkid1995 said:
hehe, I just got back from my football game and my friend plays the sousaphone. That thing is huge lol. Thats why I play the trumpet :D

Dude, I can barely lift my elbows now.. I have a lacrosse game tomorrow, :fuuu:

rsmv2you said:
The wambulance its on its way sir!

Thanks

Anyways though, for real, put ice on it for 30 minutes, go to sleep NOW, make sure you're foot is elevated above your chest, and when you wake up, apply heat and buy like, some of the long rolls of stretchy bandage crap, and wrap all of it around the injured muscle, make sure it's ver snug. And you're good to go. Right after the game, treat it with a cool bath, then add ice for 20 minutes, and rest it. Keep applying cold ever 3 hours for 30 minutes. the next day, apply warmth for 20 minutes, and keep it from minimal movement.

Quit being a sissy. I had to march for 8 hours a day for a two week period my first year of college. That's actually why I quit.

But seriously a good tip to save your shoulder, put the back of the inside of the sousaphone in the pit of your back and rest the heavy side with the horn and valves etc... on your knee when you aren't on field. It will give your shoulder a rest every once and a while.

Back