• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I present.....the NoobDrop.

Nova_14

So, here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to get a bunch of random shit, like dirt, cobble, gravel, etc. Then I will hold weekly events, and will drop these items for people to grab. Anyone Like? :D
Please post some feedback if you want. :biggrin:

........why would we take time to attend an event that we knew we'd get nothing but cobble, dirt, and gravel out of?

I'm going to get a bunch of random shit, like dirt, cobble, gravel, etc. Then I will hold onto them so I can have them without attending one of these annoying "noobdrops."

But seriously, why would anyone waste time picking up items that they could get by themselves in 30 seconds? For people to be interested in something, there has to be a benefit. If you were dropping some valuables, then people might be interested, but even then, it would have to be a LOT of valuables because anyone can go out and mine even gold or lapis rather quickly too.

........why would we take time to attend an event that we knew we'd get nothing but cobble, dirt, and gravel out of?

Read the title.
Unless you're a new player, or are in desperate need of items, no point in coming.
Also, it wont just be cobble, dirt, and gravel, I was just listing some items. :p

For people to be interested in something, there has to be a benefit. If you were dropping some valuables, then people would be interested.
I was thinking about that, might add some ores, tools, armor, etc.

If you honestly want people to attend this, you should drop items of actual value. Enchanted weapons, diamonds, large amounts of iron, stuff like that. Even noobs wouldn't go out of their way to get some cobble or dirt or whatever.

I appreciate the feedback, even though it's kicked my idea to the ground, and sprayed it with bullets. :p
I might do this, just wanted to see what others thought about it. .-.

This has to be one of the worst ideas in the history of ideas.
I've seen worse.

I'm going to get a bunch of random shit, like dirt, cobble, gravel, etc. Then I will hold weekly events, and will drop these items for people to grab. Anyone Like? :D

The problem for noobs on our server is not gathering materials, but rather finding land in the overworld that they could use it on. :confused:

If you honestly want people to attend this, you should drop items of actual value. Enchanted weapons, diamonds, large amounts of iron, stuff like that. Even noobs wouldn't go out of their way to get some cobble or dirt or whatever.

https://www.team9000.net/threads/survival-geocaching.18762/

The problem for noobs on our server is not gathering materials, but rather finding land in the overworld that they could use it on. :confused:

You have not seen enough noobs then.

First three questions they ask:
"How do I get out of spawn?"
"How do I get to the wilderness?"
"Why can't I break anything?"

Then most of them rage, say the server is gay, and either spam, troll, or never come back again.

You have not seen enough noobs then.

First three questions they ask:
"How do I get out of spawn?"
"How do I get to the wilderness?"
"Why can't I break anything?"

Then most of them rage, say the server is gay, and either spam, troll, or never come back again.

To be honest, I don't see how giving them supplies would resolve any of those issues/questions. Even if they had picks and cobblestone, WorldGuard would just keep telling them they can't build in the area.

The most helpful thing you could do for all new players would probably be to spam saplings near the mining world spawn so that wood is readily accessible.

>mfw I would probably pick up more shit walking to this event then what I would get at the event...

-.- After bringing out this idea, I think it's better if I don't do it. Obviously, people don't like the idea, and there's no point of doing something if no one likes it to begin with. However, I might actually take oozinator's idea, and do something for a change. (other than looking for lapis and diamonds, and the occasional walls that need to be taken out.)

*Shoots thread*
This thread is dead, no point in posting anything anymore.

Back