• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I'm stranded.

Psychedelic10

My town is called Winterhold and I am as west as west has allowed land. With the removal of the nether- If I die, I will have to make The Great Journey to get home. Would it be possible for the addition of a west-west spawn in the -3400, -2500 area? Maybe even a 3400, 2500 spawn could be added as well to even the map.

Just a suggestion..

(Please?)

Yeah, and a far Northern graveyard for me please, and... this could go on forever.

Minecraft Wiki says boats are the fastest form of transport, and it seems like you wouldn't have to go too far out of your way to use one for that journey.

The majority of the area I have to travel is land. The spawn is inland anyways. I shouldn't have to travel an hour to the spawn and an hour back just to make a trip to sell some diamonds.

Edit: The area I suggested adding a new spawn to would be similar to the distances between towns which are more inland and near main spawn. It would even things out for people who are living more far away from the center and I think it would still be fair to towns that are closer to the center.

It's easy for you guys to denote this with you all being so close to at least two spawns. Compare the distances. All of your towns are inland and in between two spawns.
I don't even come onto Survival anymore (much), your argument is invalid.

In the end, though, I'm supporting your idea of a new spawn.

The majority of the area I have to travel is land. The spawn is inland anyways. I shouldn't have to travel an hour to the spawn and an hour back just to make a trip to sell some diamonds. It's easy for you guys to denote this with you all being so close to at least two spawns. Compare the distances. All of your towns are inland and in between two spawns. The area I suggested adding a new spawn to would be the same distance you people travel to get to and from your spawns when going to/from your own towns inland for me and other people over here.
Actually, no. West spawn is very close to the water. Portal system allows you to go to the other spawns from any one spawn. Boat from Winterhold to west, portal to main, and vice versa. About a 4,000 meter trip. Compare this to the trip I had to take to and from the town I founded, Maridia, which is 7,000+ meters.

I wasn't talking about anyone in general. Sorry, I don't mean to sound hostile at all.. I meant to say to anyone who may read this to please not just read and pass it up. :/ I should have worded that a little better..

Thank you for the support.

Actually, no. West spawn is very close to the water. Portal system allows you to go to the other spawns from any one spawn. Boat from Winterhold to west, portal to main, and vice versa. About a 4,000 meter trip. Compare this to the trip I had to take to and from the town I founded, Maridia, which is 7,000+ meters.

Yes I did use the portal system, I didn't run to main spawn haha. That would have been a fail. I still think adding new spawns would be fair. Wouldn't you want a closer spawn to make selling things easier?

Edit: Yes sorry. From my town, more realistically it is about half land and half water. Not mostly land.

Yes I did use the portal system, I didn't run to main spawn haha. That would have been a fail. I still think adding new spawns would be fair. Wouldn't you want a closer spawn to make selling things easier?
Indeed, I would have preferred an (actual) East spawn, but my point is you don't have to walk across mostly land, there is a way to get there through the water and its a much shorter route than to Maridia, which in all honesty isn't quite THAT bad considering the distance.

Indeed, I would have preferred an (actual) East spawn, but my point is you don't have to walk across mostly land, there is a way to get there through the water and its a much shorter route than to Maridia, which in all honesty isn't quite THAT bad considering the distance.

I still think its an unnecessary distance for anyone to have to travel. I'm curious to see how long using a boat would take at the half-way mark from my town though. I'll use it next time.

I still think its an unnecessary distance for anyone to have to travel. I'm curious to see how long using a boat would take at the half-way mark from my town though. I'll use it next time.
If I remember right, to get to Maridia from spawn it was about 20-30 minutes. So, if its anything like that, it should only take you about 10-15 minutes?

By the way, Psych, I'm building a tunnel from the outpost to Winterhold. If you could stop by the outpost and continue it, I'd appreciate it.

:D

Ok, I just skimmed through most of this thread, but it seems to me that we should have another little "project" take form here.

Canal pic by ROBLOX's MrDoomBringer
canaltall.jpg

Ok, I just skimmed through most of this thread, but it seems to me that we should have another little "project" take form here.

Canal pic by ROBLOX's MrDoomBringer
canaltall.jpg
Too difficult. That would take so long to make.

Back