Important! T9k Swag Design Voting!

y2hecate

Official Hookah
So, for those interested in T9k items of swaggery, I've mocked up some design possibilities. Clean and simple, just the logo, and in some cases, the Awesome Smiley.
(For those unaware, I made a topic earlier asking about general interest. It has more info/details on why/how and items and prices and junk like that. https://www.team9000.net/threads/important-t9k-swiggity-swag-interest-survey.27155/ )

Now! We need to pick designs for the items we want. No preorders or monies yet. Just help me pick or make the designs. I'm open to ideas of other designs. Send me info/mockups if you have an idea. I'll help make it conform to the right fonts/standards and requirements for production. Any additional ideas, I'll make a seperate vote for, to see if a majority like them better than these I've come up with. (Note: Ultimately, Wooty has final say.)
Anyway.. here are my design ideas.
Lanyard:
plain_lanyard_1.jpg
1-inch Lapel Pins / 3-inch Sew-On Patches:
T9k_Patch_01.png T9k_Patch_02.png T9k_Patch_03.png
1.75-inch Challenge Coins:
T9k_Coin_01.png T9k_Coin_02.png

Please go HERE to vote on designs!
Even if you have your own idea. Even if you don't like any of the designs. Even if you don't want any swag at all! Go vote. There's options for those too. I want everyone's voice heard on this.

Any questions/comments, just let me know.

Note: I personally like the round first design for pins/patches, and full color for the coins, and like the idea of them all matching if we can order them all. Not that you have to agree or anything. Just my picks from a design perspective.

---​

FAQ or something:

Other: Flamethrower
Technically possible.. sorta. I can look into custom lighters, and you supply the hairspray. :D
Other: Sports Bottles - Is this possible?
Maybe! I think I have seen these available through my vendors and will look into it. Same with cups/mugs and the like. I'll try to find cheap pricing with low minimums, and see what the quality is like.
Other: Shirts/Hoodies
Wooty handles shirts/hoodies around PAX times, with different fun art each year. They cost more just to produce, and are more unique, so I don't think this is something that should be included in my small batch of little swag things here, where it's just basic logo stuff. If this changes, will let ya'll know. (Also, I don't have a better vendor than where we've been getting the PAX ones made, but if we wanted cheaper shirts with just simple logo, I do have access to a t-shirt heat press for iron-on type transfers. So that cuts out a bit of labor cost. But it's not as good quality as screen printed shirts. D: )
Other: vinyl wraps for vehicles....or bumper stickers. bumper stickers are fine
Hehe. Yeah, I dunno about the car wraps. Though I would totes put one on my car.
Bumper stickers/Window Decals, maybe.
Team9000 Thong
View attachment 143989
Hats and Scarves!
I'm gonna say no to these, not because I don't like the idea, but because they're larger/costlier items. I'm probably going to avoid apparel entirely at this time. It's hard to find good vendors for price and quality, especially at low quantities, and I'm not settin up a T9k store or nothin. I'll leave the big fancy stuff up to Wooty at this time, if he wants those kinds of things offered.
I'd suggest, getting the patches, though. They would look neat on hats, jackets, scarves, etc. And then you'd have your own unique piece.
Phone Cases/console skins
I think, with everyone having different phones and whatnot, the best way to get this kind of stuff is individually. There's sites where you can upload your own custom graphic for phone cases and such. I don't think it would be worth ordering in bulk. As for consoles, maybe we can just do some vinyl stickers, and then people can put them on their consoles or laptops or PC cases, without having to get specific die-cut console wraps. More uses for non-console specific stickers. :)
Membership Cards
Maybe? I mean.. these are things we can pretty easily make ourselves (print on cardstock, get some laminating pouches from Walmart or a craft store). But if not everyone is able to make them (no good printer, access to supplies, ability to laminate without bubbles, etc.) I guess I could offer to make some for peeps if they're interested. I think it'd be easier to make than to try and gather a batch order of ones, with unique names/pics on each.

Haha. I like the "Other" comments. I think I'll add collected responses to my 2nd post.

Other: Flamethrower
Technically possible.. sorta. I can look into custom lighters, and you supply the hairspray. :D

Other: Sports Bottles - Is this possible?
Maybe! I think I have seen these available through my vendors and will look into it. Same with cups/mugs and the like. I'll try to find cheap pricing with low minimums, and see what the quality is like.

What happened to the previous lapel pin design? With the smaller left aligned awesome smiley? I like that one. Also I love the round patch, but am not in love with the way the font looks curved like that. What would it look like if the letters were spaced out more?

Other: Shirts/Hoodies
Wooty handles shirts/hoodies around PAX times, with different fun art each year. They cost more just to produce, and are more unique, so I don't think this is something that should be included in my small batch of little swag things here, where it's just basic logo stuff. If this changes, will let ya'll know. (Also, I don't have a better vendor than where we've been getting the PAX ones made, but if we wanted cheaper shirts with just simple logo, I do have access to a t-shirt heat press for iron-on type transfers. So that cuts out a bit of labor cost. But it's not as good quality as screen printed shirts. D: )

What happened to the previous lapel pin design? With the smaller left aligned awesome smiley? I like that one. Also I love the round patch, but am not in love with the way the font looks curved like that. What would it look like if the letters were spaced out more?
The previous lapel pin design..
T9kLapelPin_01.jpg

(Keep in mind all 3 newer designs, the gray will be silver metal. I just didn't add a texture and gradient to those previews like I did to this one.)
I guess it's just me, but I didn't like the weight/balance of it with the lump of a smiley face on the left, or the surrounding metal space around the text, or how the smiley is obscured and eating the "TEAM". Also, with these lapel pins, each color enamel has to be separated by a silver metal little line (Example from Pinny arcade. The Silver metal of the pin becomes the "black" lines of the drawing, unless the area of black is large enough for a fill.). So the black border and the bits of tongue behind/between the letters.. stuff like that may get lost at pin size. I don't think it could be replicated as well. The new designs don't show the silver lines in the preview images I made (Except the Coin. It's big enough.), but they are cleaner for this production process at a tiny size.

If anyone still likes the original design best, write it in for "Other" or tell me here or something. I'll keep track.

As for the font on the curve, spacing the letters out more.. spaces the entire letter. It doesn't just nudge the bottom and line them up better. It starts looking deformed, I think. Also starts to loose the effect of the TEAM being smaller than the 9000, starts getting too close to the bottom "Gaming Community" half, and veers even further from the original logo than actually having it on a curve does. So that's why I have it how it is currently. (it's already at 125% of original width anyways). But I'll mess with it a little more and see. It might also be the size at which you're seeing the previews. The originals at full vector size don't look as smooshed, I think.

Hats and Scarves!
I'm gonna say no to these, not because I don't like the idea, but because they're larger/costlier items. I'm probably going to avoid apparel entirely at this time. It's hard to find good vendors for price and quality, especially at low quantities, and I'm not settin up a T9k store or nothin. I'll leave the big fancy stuff up to Wooty at this time, if he wants those kinds of things offered.
I'd suggest, getting the patches, though. They would look neat on hats, jackets, scarves, etc. And then you'd have your own unique piece.
Phone Cases/console skins
I think, with everyone having different phones and whatnot, the best way to get this kind of stuff is individually. There's sites where you can upload your own custom graphic for phone cases and such. I don't think it would be worth ordering in bulk. As for consoles, maybe we can just do some vinyl stickers, and then people can put them on their consoles or laptops or PC cases, without having to get specific die-cut console wraps. More uses for non-console specific stickers. :)
Membership Cards
Maybe? I mean.. these are things we can pretty easily make ourselves (print on cardstock, get some laminating pouches from Walmart or a craft store). But if not everyone is able to make them (no good printer, access to supplies, ability to laminate without bubbles, etc.) I guess I could offer to make some for peeps if they're interested. I think it'd be easier to make than to try and gather a batch order of ones, with unique names/pics on each.

Also, as funny as I think the fake responses might be.. please don't submit the form with fake names and nonsense. And only vote once.
Otherwise, it messes up the response data, and google doesn't let me fix that, without clearing the form data and manually inputting each of your responses. (I can remove the fakes from the spreadsheet I get, and can manually count it, but it doesn't let me change the nice bar graphs generated by the responses without redoing everything.)

Make the funny comments here or something. :)

Back...packs?
A Team9000 messenger bag! I would looove one of those.
That might be another thing best for just getting a patch and putting it on your favorite bag.. cuz backpacks can get expensive, and there's so many different styles, for different peoples' needs. It'd be hard to get one that is useful for everyone, and be able to get enough preorders for a whole run, due to price.

I was looking at a vendor with those simple drawstring backpack bags. They have plain promotional ones made of that cheap thin tote bag (not nice canvas. The other more plasticy stuff.) for around $10 , but the minimum quantity is low. Only 12, then price goes down if you order 25, 50, 100, etc. But.. I don't like the quality of that material, so I was considering a little bit better, same kind of bag, but a little more style, and made of nylon. They'd run around $15, similarly low minimum order.
Swag bags, I calls them. Good for holding some con swag.
T9k_Bag.jpg

So.. maybe.

Back