• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Internet High-5

Wooty

Staff member
bawls.jpg

Many of us "nocturnal gamers/coders" stay awake late into the night, sometimes up to seven or eight hours after our friends and family fall asleep. The next morning, they ask "Why did you stay up all night? You could have gone to bed and continued this morning!"

In our sleepy daze, it's always difficult to come up with good answers, so here's a list of excuses to help you out in the future:

"Top 5 Reasons I need to stay up all night"
  • The internet is faster because there's less people online
  • All my friends do it too! (Come on, join the bandwagon!)
  • All the annoying school kids have gone to bed, so our work / game time is more productive and enjoyable
  • "I was up finishing some really difficult homework" (liar!)
  • There are less outside interruptions, because everyone else is sleeping
And, there you go! One of these is sure to buy the sympathy of your parents / spouse for at least a few days. Have fun staying up all night!

Additional BONUS excuses (not guaranteed to work)
  • "The Coleacanth fish in Animal Crossing only comes out late at night and I GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!"
  • "Wendy's is open really late! I have to visit every night so the workers don't get lonely"
  • *Mumble like a sleep deprived zombie until they go away*
  • "Your face is so ugly, I can't stand being awake at the same time as you"

My favorite has always been "I have a early class and I did not want to sleep in an miss it!" (my early classes usually start at two or three in the afternoon)

I got one... "there was laundry to be done... had to do something between loads..." or "I really shouldn't have had that mtn dew at 11pm..."

* "Your face is so ugly, I can’t stand being awake at the same time as you"

Actually, this one works best for me......

Back