• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

IP banned

Kiaito

I would like to quire why I was IP banned, I don't believe I did anything against the servers rules, I mostly kept to myself and was building far off in the hinterlands.

Before I was banned, I was digging toward floor 12, Felt hungry and went back to the top to log out in case of monster spawns, I came back after 30-40 minutes to find that I had been IP banned with no explanation.

User: Senpai_Kiaito

Denied. You know why you were banned, and I'm not going to allow a criminal the use of my computer.
May I suggest that if you are going to take this route in banning, ALL parties involved in reference should be treated the same way.

May I suggest adding to Minecraft applications the following: social security #, credit card #, criminal history, drug test, age, gender, gender preference, current address, billing address, address of ex-gf/ex-bf, etc..

In all seriousness though, if he was banned due to past concerns there is a problem as he isn't banned from T9k services currently and 1 of those services should be the 'official' T9k server if he is currently not breaking any rules. If however there is evidence to support that he is doing things other then playing the game that are extremely concerning (and against the server rules as posted on the signs at spawn :)) then I strongly urge you to present this to Wooty or Ozy to take him off all services properly. Again I DO NOT approve of what he did in the past and several senior admins/members have yelled at him on the matter, but he was not banned from T9k services currently which is why this is being said.

As far as I know currently there hasn't been an incident within any T9k services recently concerning this individual and he has been playing games as a regular member of T9k, if you can enlighten me to something more recent that would be much appreciated.

~Bored

Ozy said:
This section of the Team9000 forums is for submitting an appeal to a ban received on the Team9000 Minecraft Survival server. Unless you are appealing a ban, unbanning a person that has filed an appeal or were PERSONALLY DIRECTLY RELATED to the events surrounding a ban that transpired, you should NOT be posting here. For Minecraft Discussion you can use the Minecraft Classic and Minecraft Survival forums respectively. If you are looking to direct feedback at Team9000: Check out the Suggestion Box; We would love to hear from you. Thank you for your time.

I lol'd...

Again if your going all official on this, please give an appropriate response to the ban in question, thank you.

End of discussion.
If you have personnel issues with allowing someone who isn't banned from T9k services access to a supposed to be 'official' T9k server I kindly ask that you remove T9k association from your server then. No rules were violated and this is a personnel removal of a person regardless of those rules.

"Pretty simple. No advertising other servers or communities, hacking, macros, asking ages or locations, nude or racist anything, asking for promotions, mean-spirited trolling (as determined by the victim and staff, not the troll), single-column towers (don't become a smart-ass and build a double-column tower either), transparent textures, or being a dick. Just play nice, play fair, and we'll get along fine."

If he broke any of these rules in the time of being on your server, please enlighten me.

@Chiba: As one of the original presenters to Ozy of this issue back when things were associated with T9k members I have much interest into this as things should have been settled at that time. And he wasn't banned from any services so the issue went.

If you have personnel issues with allowing someone who isn't banned from T9k services access to a supposed to be 'official' T9k server I kindly ask that you remove T9k association from your server then. No rules were violated and this is a personnel removal of a person regardless of those rules.

"Pretty simple. No advertising other servers or communities, hacking, macros, asking ages or locations, nude or racist anything, asking for promotions, mean-spirited trolling (as determined by the victim and staff, not the troll), single-column towers (don't become a smart-ass and build a double-column tower either), transparent textures, or being a dick. Just play nice, play fair, and we'll get along fine."

If he broke any of these rules in the time of being on your server, please enlighten me.

@Chiba: As one of the original presenters to Ozy of this issue back when things were associated with T9k members I have much interest into this as things should have been settled at that time. And he wasn't banned from any services so the issue went.
My computer is my property. I have a right to control who uses it. I only exercise that right when I absolutely have to, like for instance keeping criminals from using it. He will not be unbanned, and neither will his alternative profiles.

My computer is my property. I have a right to control who uses it. I only exercise that right when I absolutely have to, like for instance keeping criminals from using it. He will not be unbanned, and neither will his alternative profiles.
Well in that case please by all means this...
May I suggest that if you are going to take this route in banning, ALL parties involved in reference should be treated the same way.

Yes it is your property, I'll agree entirely on that, but the difference between "Oh I want to be a private server and only have friends on" or "I'm running the server for the T9k people, hell yea." is a big difference my friend. Personnel agenda is not a characteristic of a good moderator, you set down rules for the server and enforce them to the best of your ability. You still haven't shown any instance of him breaking rules on your server (especially in the context that you're referencing) and enforcing a ban on him based on year old issues that were addressed by Ozy already (double Jeopardy anyone.)

Well in that case please by all means this...

Yes it is your property, I'll agree entirely on that, but the difference between "Oh I want to be a private server and only have friends on" or "I'm running the server for the T9k people, hell yea." is a big difference my friend. Personnel agenda is not a characteristic of a good moderator, you set down rules for the server and enforce them to the best of your ability. You still haven't shown any instance of him breaking rules on your server (especially in the context that you're referencing) and enforcing a ban on him based on year old issues that were addressed by Ozy already (double Jeopardy anyone.)
You're absolutely correct, but there is no "personal agenda". He committed a crime and I don't want criminals using my computer.

You're absolutely correct, but there is no "personal agenda". He committed a crime and I don't want criminals using my computer.
Then don't host a public server for T9k because that's what the 'public' portion entails.

If you want to get the server delisted on account of him, go right ahead and bring it up with woot. This player is not allowed on my machine, and I will not allow a criminal to use my property.

I want the server maintained with a better integrity than banning someone who has not done wrongdoing according to the rules set forth by the owner of the server. And I'm sorry to say but until there is some actual arraignment or even charges brought against him in an actual court setting he is not considered a criminal (again I don't defend his actions, but I do take notion that nothing has come out of police intervention for some reason that still remains unclear...) I'll be glad to bring this up to woot, honestly he has less care for minecraft issues than I care for this thread, but none-the-less it is still quite a conundrum of no evidence presented in the matter of the recent ban.

I want the server maintained with a better integrity than banning someone who has not done wrongdoing according to the rules set forth by the owner of the server. And I'm sorry to say but until there is some actual arraignment or even charges brought against him in an actual court setting he is not considered a criminal (again I don't defend his actions, but I do take notion that nothing has come out of police intervention for some reason that still remains unclear...) I'll be glad to bring this up to woot, honestly he has less care for minecraft issues than I care for this thread, but none-the-less it is still quite a conundrum of no evidence presented in the matter of the recent ban.
Still not unbanning. Insult this server's integrity all you like, but this isn't your ban appeal and you have no reason to even be posting here. Unless specifically told otherwise by woot, we can ban anyone who we deem will only cause trouble on the server.

As one of the original presenters to Ozy of this issue back when things were associated with T9k members I have much interest into this as things should have been settled at that time. And he wasn't banned from any services so the issue went.

Anyways I'm through with this, I don't play on the server so shouldn't be putting in so much to this nonsense. I guess your maintaining a 'safe' environment right... Sigh kids these days.

He did break the server rules whether he did past or present doesn't matter in this case, I have several statements from witnesses and victims, and I'm not sharing said statements because of requests for anonymity. End of discussion.

Still not unbanning. Insult this server's integrity all you like, but this isn't your ban appeal and you have no reason to even be posting here. Unless specifically told otherwise by woot, we can ban anyone who we deem will only cause trouble on the server.
As someone whom both offending parties have approached in the past, my only statement/request is that fair and equal treatment is enacted when making bans. There is no question regarding the ban itself, there is question of the picking and choosing of bans. I reiterate:
And, assuming you are fully aware,
You're absolutely correct, but there is no "personal agenda".
Based on the conversations i've had, that is Not the case.
He committed a crime and I don't want criminals using my computer.
I respect and agree with that decision, and merely want all parties involved with addressed and treated in kind.

He did break the server rules whether he did past or present doesn't matter in this case, I have several statements from witnesses and victims, and I'm not sharing said statements because of requests for anonymity. End of discussion.
I've said my piece on this, clearly you feel that he wasn't just playing minecraft in the 2 days he was on the server. If there are present occurrences I strongly urge you to present this to Ozy or Sonic. Just talk to Ozy anyways on the matter for the T9k response that he gave to the original matter in the first place as it seems the people he talked to seem to have unresolved issues.

Official T9k Server needs to adhere to official T9k responses if you wish to be official. Period.

Also maintain a level of integrity by banning ALL parties involved who instigated the problem further, which I will gladly disclose to you the information I know on this that was presented to me and passed on to Ozy when we were initially trying to figure the whole situation out.

Sidenote: My only involvement was investigating the matter from parties involved as was the same worried as you are about security of members.

Back