• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Is a creative server possible?

If you were asking if they would create a creative server, the answer will most likely be no. We had a creative server when the 1.8 snapshots were out and creative mode was still new, and people griefed it to death. People would set off tnt to entire continents, lag out servers, and dig through everyone's creations. It was mayhem and the server was closed soon after. That is why there is no creative server and there probably will never be one in the future.

If you were asking if they would create a creative server, the answer will most likely be no. We had a creative server when the 1.8 snapshots were out and creative mode was still new, and people griefed it to death. People would set off tnt to entire continents, lag out servers, and dig through everyone's creations. It was mayhem and the server was closed soon after. That is why there is no creative server and there probably will never be one in the future .
alternatively, if you are asking if you can make a creative server, yes it's possible. I have no clue how, but I've seen plenty of them.

If you were asking if they would create a creative server, the answer will most likely be no. We had a creative server when the 1.8 snapshots were out and creative mode was still new, and people griefed it to death. People would set off tnt to entire continents, lag out servers, and dig through everyone's creations. It was mayhem and the server was closed soon after. That is why there is no creative server and there probably will never be one in the future .
Pics of said griefs:
Lavaspam1.png

Lavaspam2.png

Basically, imagine a guest world on the most crowded server that hasn't been moderated at all. Or just go to the Fun world on the T9K Classic server.

The only thing not mentioned here is the plots system we have now, wouldn't it just be applied to the creative server if it were ever created? Boom, no more griefing.

Pros:
  • Better version of Classic (more blocks available)
  • Has unlimited space (unlike classic, has a limited area)

Cons:
  • More vulnerable to griefing
  • Easier to go around the map

What I suggest:
  • Lava and TNT are only available to mod/admins, can only be given to others with permission
  • Constant moderation (if possible)

I suggested this and was shot down. I wanted it, but apparently not many others did.

Well... it wasn't quite as simple as you put it.

As I remember it, you gave us an ultimatum. We could either have a survival server or a creative server.

A creative server would be nice, but I think the majority of people would not be willing it give it up for just creative standalone. If you would be willing to host two simultaneously, I am sure no one would have a problem with it.

alternatively, if you are asking if you can make a creative server, yes it's possible. I have no clue how, but I've seen plenty of them.
Nope, i was trying to ask if woot could make one. But it seems griefing is a huge problem problem in creative servers.

As Amaterasu said, maybe the prohibition of certain things such TNT, spawn eggs, certain commands, tools and weaponry, etc. will reduce griefing like in classic?

Well... it wasn't quite as simple as you put it.

As I remember it, you gave us an ultimatum. We could either have a survival server or a creative server.

A creative server would be nice, but I think the majority of people would not be willing it give it up for just creative standalone. If you would be willing to host two simultaneously, I am sure no one would have a problem with it.
So. Much. This.

If we could set up a creative server and have it set up like classic in terms of tools that moderators/admins could use to stem the grief, this would be awesome and I would love to play again....but that sounds like it would be difficult and I am not going to hold my breath for it.

If we could set up a creative server and have it set up like classic in terms of tools that moderators/admins could use to stem the grief, this would be awesome and I would love to play again....but that sounds like it would be difficult and I am not going to hold my breath for it.
I'm sure the mass griefing in the last creative server was the cause of lack of probibition....

I'm sure the mass griefing in the last creative server was the cause of lack of probibition....

well, also at the time, we did not have near as many trusted members who could help moderate, and more importantly creative was brand new and I am not sure that anything had been created to allow grief to be reverted....this being said, i am not sure that there is anything now that would allow grief to be reverted on a creative server.

I believe that the creative server would be very similar to the current build world on the survival server, rather than similar to classic how some people are imagining it.

The exact same system with voting for credits and buying plots for towns that can only be edited by members would make grief impossible. The entire map would be protected from editing by anyone except inside of plots.

Griefers would have to spend time to either join a town or make their own before they could manage to do any damage. As long as people don't invite random noobs into their towns, grief would be non existent. Just make sure to get to know people before adding them to your town.

A server set up in this manner would not even need a team of moderators. Just 2 or 3 like we have in survival to monitor chat and deal with complaints on the forums.

Back