is it rare? or is it fake?

RioDeal

Ok so i ran a cross of bins of random game boy cartridges. At a local owned game store. Now i hardly play or have a favorite games. I mean, i do like games like mario land, tetris and a few others but i found this.

IMG_20130916_180422.jpg

Now can someone tell me anything about this game? Is it Japanese, was it like moded to english, is it rare and/or fake? I just want to know why i cant find it online? Need more pictures just ask me.

IMG_20130916_180503.jpg

Ok so i ran a cross of bins of random game boy cartridges. At a local owned game store. Now i hardly play or have a favorite games. I mean, i do like games like mario land, tetris and a few others but i found this.

View attachment 141154

Now can someone tell me anything about this game? Is it Japanese, was it like moded to english, is it rare and/or fake? I just want to know why i cant find it online? Need more pictures just ask me.

View attachment 141155
I would assume it's not a real (or rather, official) game boy game, being the cartridge just says "GAME" on it

View attachment 141154

View attachment 141155
According to the "official" wiki, it doesn't even exist
4ta6X.png

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_video_games

well being as it appears you already bought the game, it's too late, but I'd have said ask to see verification it works. Typically a store will let you fire it up, which will then show you the game screen so you can see if it's got a different name on it. Anyways, did you buy it?

I'll do a youtube video later this week. Just gave you guys a heads up to see if a rare or a moded rom game. Ive seen on ebay roms on snes and sell for like 100 bucks

yeah I'm finding things, but nothing exact to that... but it's not DBZ 3, it's DBZ1 that's a given...

Here at Team9000 Offices, I would like to inform that the Game you have is a Rare game. And Since you have found it. That is best for business. Thank you.
triplehisnotimpressed.png

Here at Team9000 Offices, I would like to inform that the Game you have is a Rare game. And Since you have found it. That is best for business. Thank you.
triplehisnotimpressed.png

Doubt its rare, pretty sure its rom based game. I've seen chrono trigger crimson echoes on a snes cartridge on ebay for like a hundred bucks.

i've seen edits and rips of cartridge games like this, notable ones are Pokemon Pink and Purple, even a Black version (for the Game Boy Color and Advance), which i have seen in select retro game stores

16ivf9g.png

Pok%C3%A9monPurple.jpg

6bf8af16bd459e64e82bc9668bdfe89d.jpeg

after they were released, Nintendo did a massive crack-down on confiscating the illegal ROMs, so for some collectors finding any of these fake versions is quite a gem. I'm sure your DBZ game has some value for collecting's sake.

Probably a good place to start would be to ask an actual collector of games and see what they can tell you. The only one I can think of is AVGN, but only because of his videos. There are a couple of video game auction sites you can probably go snooping around there and see if you can find something similar there.

Personally, I would be inclined to think this is a ROM, and therefore a fake. That doesn't mean there isn't any value in it. Also, this:

Bottom line, too -

Is it fun?

Because if it's a fun game to play then just play it.
#onelove

Back