• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

"It came to me. My own. My love. My own. My precious."

Beaubonic

Hello Ladies and Gentleladies,

For those of you who may, or may not, know, and happen to care, Jiyuueno and I are having a baby! A little boy, to be exact, and there are some unfortunate circumstances that are bringing me here today to ask for a little bit of help, if any of you would like to, and are able to, assist.

Baby Tommy currently has the diagnosis of Transposition of the Greater Arteries, with Pulmonary Atresia, and Ventricular Septal Defect.

Basically, there is a hole in the center of the bottom left and right chambers of his heart, his Aorta (the tube coming from the left side of his heart, to send oxygenated blood to his body) is on the right side of his heart, and his Pulmonary Artery (the tube from the right side of his heart to send blood to his lungs for oxygenation) never formed. While in utero, his heart has found a way to cope by using a small tube, that closes off after being born, to get blood to his lungs. However, once he's born, if that tube closes, he will die within minutes.

We have been informed that our son will need to be delivered in Boston, where at two days old he'll have his first, of at least three, open heart surgeries. Boston is about four hours away, and my mother and I will be staying in Boston for the four to six weeks needed for my son to be able to come home. Jiyuueno can only stay for a week before needing to come back to work.

The doctors will put an IV into Tommy's umbilical cord when he is born to keep that tube open, then make sure he is stable enough for his first surgery. After his first surgery, he will need another one around the age of six, and again in his teens, to replace the implanted tube they will be using as a Pulmonary Artery, since it does not grow with his heart.

The housing provided to families from Boston Children's Hospital is $30 a night, and we still need to be able to feed my mother and I for the time we are down there. I really don't like to ask for help, but I am stressing myself out, and the baby, while trying to figure out how we can cover the costs. Not to mention VT Medicaid is currently trying to get out of paying for me to be seen in Boston, and Tommy's care.

My due date is March 17, but they will be taking him a week early due to my Diabetes. Even earlier if something goes wrong, or if he decides to be premature.

If anyone is able, or willing, to spare a little bit of money to help us out with any of this, we'd greatly appreciate it!
The link to the fundraising page is here:
https://www.youcaring.com/Tommys-Heart-Fund

TL;DR
Jiyuueno and I are having a baby boy, who happens to be sick. We have 3 months to raise enough money to be able to stay with him and help take care of him, once he's born; and we would GREATLY appreciate any and all help anyone can share with us!

Even if you just decide to read through what I wrote, and share it, it would help. So, thank you, all of you.

Love,
 Pixiel

Woot, I tried to get ahold of you before posting this, if you don't want this here, feel free to either remove it, or ask me to. ♥

I don't usually pray for people, but for you guys I am keeping your family in my thoughts daily and praying that a healthy boy will come to you in March and that the doctors will have the graces of whatever deity there is out there to provide the best medical care to your dear boy. Stay strong and I truly wish & pray all the best for you guys.

I've had the almost same kind of situation. I had a hole between my left and right atrium, so I wasn't getting oxygen properly. This situation is different so to be honest I don't know much about it. But I do know that there is one thing I can do, and that's to help pay for this cause!

Also congrats on Tommy, I hope he will survive this obstacle and live to become the greatest Tommy to ever exist!

Thank you, so much, DarkPrime! Sorry you've had heart issues too, but I'm very glad they fixed it! Also, I miss you ^_^ It was nice to meet you at PAX South, how has everything been?

I'm so sorry to hear about that Pix. I hope you, Jiy, and your baby will do well. You'll all be in my prayers :)

I seldom return to check these forums anymore, and it bothers me that it has taken me so long to notice this. I know you to be strong and determined, and Tommy will be, too. You have my regards.

Back