• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Lack of "Admins" (ranked players) in guest worlds

Lzice

I have been playing as builder for a fair number of hours now and I have noticed one thing.

There are fairly regular periods of up to an hour when no ranked players come on the server. This means that the ones who come one are hounded to sort bans, reverts, kicks, spams, penises, swastikas etc.

Something needs to be done to moderate the server during these times. Not sure I am best placed to come up with a solution, be that promoting more players, or increasing the power to engineers so they can do a bit more, but more needs to be done.

The grief often gets out of hand so that by the time a ranked player reverts, the reverts start to conflict against each other.

Discus.

Lzice

A classic example has just happened on the guest world where following a series of reverts, several creations actually became worse greifed than they had been, as well as the reappearance of several swastikas with "history unknown" on.

Kagato is in the world at the moment, having to go round telling people he can't revert unknown griefs. Its not fair on him or on guests. a constant presence would sort this far easier allowing greifs to be dealt with in real time.

Always remember, playing minecraft isnt their job. When an admin isnt on at the right time, it isnt their fault.

Always remember, playing minecraft isnt their job. When an admin isnt on at the right time, it isnt their fault.

I am not saying they need to be on more, the ones that come on do a great job and no one could expect more. I think more needs to be done at a cross-server level to sort this.

There's not much that can be done, sadly. As a Builder, stay vigilant. Even though in reality there's not much you can do, a Builder's presence is enough to deter some griefers. Help people out, and stay on the scene. And if you find grief, or see grief, shout it out, and let the Engineers+ know.

I have been playing as builder for a fair number of hours now and I have noticed one thing.

There are fairly regular periods of up to an hour when no ranked players come on the server. This means that the ones who come one are hounded to sort bans, reverts, kicks, spams, penises, swastikas etc.

Something needs to be done to moderate the server during these times. Not sure I am best placed to come up with a solution, be that promoting more players, or increasing the power to engineers so they can do a bit more, but more needs to be done.

The grief often gets out of hand so that by the time a ranked player reverts, the reverts start to conflict against each other.

Discus.

Lzice

I could try going on classic more often, but I am busy with various different things.
Always remember this golden rule :

No matter how big the grief, or inappropriate buildings made by guests, all of it can be reverted unless it is unknown history. :)

I am not saying they need to be on more, the ones that come on do a great job and no one could expect more. I think more needs to be done at a cross-server level to sort this.
You said "lack", I guess you mean they are not online enough. Or you mean that there arent enough ranked players?

sort of my point though dukey, seems to be unknown more and more since I started coming on (and that was only 20 weeks ago!)

And I mean that there aren't enough. i get that they have lives (sort of :p)

Do we really need another thread about this...being an admin is job filled with quite a bit of responsibility...Casham and Conrod are always looking for more responsible builders to rank to Engineer (which is really only a mod rank) but they find it tough to pick out those who will get it...remember it is only a game...

One suggestion, just let someone on mumble know. We are always happy to jump on. In my case, I can't always be on Classic but can Usually get on if someone asks.

They're plenty of moderators and admins. We do other things besides minecraft. Like Riein said, all you have to do is hop on mumble, and let one of us know. That is one of the reasons why we have it. And as mdukey said, anything may be reverted unless the history is unknown. If the history IS unknown, then unfortunantely we cannot do anything about it. Sure, it might be an hour before a mod or admin gets on classic, but they still get on to revert anything necessary. Thank you for your concern, but we have plenty of people to help out with grief. More than enough. We just need to know, and if there is no one on that is able to ban or kick, then just be patient and don't flip out. Handle the situation in an orderly fashion. Sooner or later, someone will get on.

Basically.... You're saying you want a promotion? Lolz jk, I know what you mean. But what t7 told me when I told him there were no awesome+ online was that grief isn't gonna go anywhere. It's true, but lazy

If you ever see me not on minecraft and on mumble or steam, give me a shout and I will be happy too get on. I know where you are coming from lzice, as I have noticed this as an issue too but as much as we might need more moderators and admins we can't just hand that rank out or its just going too add to our problems, and as it is it takes time to find the right people for it. Again please be patient and remember that this isn't something that can just be taken care of over night.

I am not really saying this from a personal point of view, in the sense that i don't particularly want a promotion or anything. I just think it ought to be discussed. I for one tend to just tell greifers that there is someone online who can ban, and often that can stop them or at least slow them down.

One of the things that was discussed on the server was the possibility of the engineers we have being able to freeze people for short amounts of time (limited). which would stop them running rampage through the server. Anyone patient enough to stick around would likely be a more reasonable player whereas a troll would not come back after a minute or so.

yeah, I know its hard to achieve, and like i said, appointing more isn't a fast or easy solution. but it just seems hard and un-fun for those that are putting all this effort in that when they come online they don't get much time to build or chill.

One of the things that was discussed on the server was the possibility of the engineers we have being able to freeze people for short amounts of time (limited).

This has been brought up with Woot before and his answer has always been no and will always be no.

Also, you have no obligation to stop building to watch for grief. Keep building and if you see grief, note it and when someone comes on they will deal with it, but still keep building!

Casey said:
If you ever see me not on minecraft and on mumble or steam, give me a shout and I will be happy too get on. I know where you are coming from lzice, as I have noticed this as an issue too but as much as we might need more moderators and admins we can't just hand that rank out or its just going too add to our problems, and as it is it takes time to find the right people for it. Again please be patient and remember that this isn't something that can just be taken care of over night.

Steam username?

Back