Lan Party

Wooty

Staff member
Fwew! I just finished recovering from last night's 17 hour lan party. We played Team Fortress 2, CS 1.6, and Alien Swarm. Good times were had by all, and the six of us went through 48 cans of Coke, Barq's, Sunkist, Bawls, and Monster.

Best. Time. Ever.

Anyone else been to a lan recently (large or small)?

Theres a 128 man LAN in Pittsburgh PA this weekend that I wont be attending.

I really want to go. But no.

I used to have a lan with some friends back in the days of Halo 2 and the original Xbox. ^_^

good times, good times.

if only if only
all my friends have or are getting gaming computers but its taking time

Not having friends with gaming computers is no excuse. Everyone but me was gaming on a laptop, and three of them had (what I would call) unplayable framerates. Yet we still played TF2 for five straight hours with no complaints.

Not really being a gamer, I haven't participated in a "real" lan party.
The closest I've ever come to playing a LAN party was when I played Warcraft (the original Orc v Humans, not WoW) on PCs with my brother and his friend over our home network.
:freshprince:

Can someone explain to me the appeal of a LAN party? Being on the computer as much as I am, when I am hanging with IRL friends the last thing I want to do is be on a computer. It's a nice break from my e-life and I get actual human interaction.

Having never been to a LAN party, I have no idea what they are like, but I just picture a bunch of people in a room on computers doing what they normally do on computers. Kinda like an internet cafe :-P

Add caffeine, hot pockets, pop tarts, loud music, screaming across the room when you pwn someone, sharing tons of files across the lan, and pizza. That's a lan.

Don't forget there's other people. Without that detail you seem kinda crazy.

Back