Looking for a new computer for my birthday.

David

So I have around $900 and Id like to buy a gaming computer. Any suggestions?

Alright, alright... I'd like to see your under-budget suggestion.

If he has something he can upgrade, it might help the suggestions.

Don't buy pre built. You're looking at an Nvidia 660ti and i5 3570k build without monitor. I can put something together in a bit. I'm on my phone

That's a terrible suggestion. A 520 is not only outdated, it won't even suit his needs.
I have to get a prebuilt.
A little over budget but how is centauruscomputers.com/html/argon_extreme.html

I have to get a prebuilt.
A little over budget but how is centauruscomputers.com/html/argon_extreme.html
See the problem about prebuilt computers is, you don't know the brand of the video card, RAM, or power supply. and normally, they give you cheesy shitty ones. Is there any specific reason you have to get prebuilt? Because building is a pretty simple task.

See the problem about prebuilt computers is, you don't know the brand of the video card, RAM, or power supply. and normally, they give you cheesy shitty ones. Is there any specific reason you have to get prebuilt? Because building is a pretty simple task.
I am really inexperienced in what parts to buy and how to put them together. Wouldnt building cost a lot?

Building costs less and gives you less headaches down the road. It's literally the only way you can end up with a really good PC in your price range unless you buy used or something.

I am really inexperienced in what parts to buy and how to put them together. Wouldnt building cost a lot?
You're only thinking of them costing a lot because the people here buy expensive as fuck parts that you won't even need. I paid $900 for my build (including tax and shipping). And I still haven't found a game that's choppy on my computer. It runs Skyrim on Ultra by default.

Prebuilt computers are more expensive because you're paying for them to assemble it and put their brand name on it. Prebuilt is never cheaper. Ever.

You're only thinking of them costing a lot because the people here buy expensive as fuck parts that you won't even need. I paid $900 for my build (including tax and shipping). And I still haven't found a game that's choppy on my computer. It runs Skyrim on Ultra by default.

Prebuilt computers are more expensive because you're paying for them to assemble it and put their brand name on it. Prebuilt is never cheaper. Ever.
Please tell me the parts? :)

Please tell me the parts? :)
2egb2ia.png

From Newegg

Order parts, set up a stream, and we will help you build it. We did it for brookyln, and sort of for Tshin. It's not that hard, and once you do it, you have a new skill.

Just curious, are there any benefits to getting a different case besides holding the components?
It's not as simple as you think. Build quality, size, bay drives, and motherboard compatibility are all variables when it comes to cases, so you have to make an educated decision when picking a case.

Just curious, are there any benefits to getting a different case besides holding the components?

If you have a case, you could recycle it. Just need to make sure that case is large enough to hold everything and is ATX compatible. If you mean choosing a cheaper case, no, there isn't really anything different, except cheapness.

I also added a component. I forgot to give you a third party cooler. Don't want to go over heating that new CPU.

I could cut it down even less, but I feel as though you have a nice gaming PC there. I chose 670 since the 660 has a 128-bit width, but when you start cranking textures and AA that 128 is going to slow you down. I chose quad core because I believe you shouldn't game on less. 8GB DDR3 2133 is more than enough but not overkill like 16GB. The case is a cheapo case, but it's by BitFenix and they are making some great cases lately. 1TB caviar black for under $100? SOLD. All you need is a monitor, keyboard, mouse. If you already have a desktop, recycle those things.

Back