Looking for a new computer for my birthday.

Additionally, if you only have $900, it's really easy to just,
You know,
Work and make money.

Sell your soul to Macca's for a week choppin' jackcheese and then make $100,

And boooooooost.

Budgets are flexible, muscles are rigid.

Im with jerzey, would love to help you build a pc and then like he said, you have a skill. It is easy and far more affordable to build than to buy pre-built.

As far as cases go, generally the only difference with the cheaper ones is fitting (i.e. some time the motherboard mounts are a hair off versus ATX spec and are a pain to screw down) and quality of fans (well, ok, quality of everything). Also, generally the cheaper you get, the more likely it is that you can easily slice your finger open if you accidentally slide it down the side of the case; what we used to refer to as RPS, Razor with Power Supply, years ago when I was building PCs.

This looks like it is going to be a beast! :thumbsup:

What parts do you have that can be recycled? Monitor, Keyboard/Mouse, Headset, Case?

And what is the plan for the OS? Do you have a Windowz key you can use on your new machine?

This looks like it is going to be a beast! :thumbsup:

What parts do you have that can be recycled? Monitor, Keyboard/Mouse, Headset, Case?

And what is the plan for the OS? Do you have a Windowz key you can use on your new machine?
Not recycling anything that I don't have xD
As for OS im using windows 7 home premiun

this thread has me thinking what if we have a help me build my PC thread. I know that I would love to game on something that isn't my dell laptop (shutters) (this is a future project I am nowhere close to the funds needed for it atm). but reading this thread it seems rather easy to get a quality build for less, so this is something I must look into!

@david good luck on building your tf2 pwning machine :D I would love to help out but I'm in the same boat as you are when it comes to building computers.

I like your suggestion. David doesn't need a $300+ graphics card. $100-$150 is more than enough for normal gaming.

Sure, however it would sort of future proof him. Why roll back, especially all the way to a 400 series? I had a 460, I feel like my 260 did a better job.

I just don't see the point in going backwards. illogical.

In that same sense, he should build a Socket775 Intel Core 2 Quad machine with DDR2 memory.

I just don't see the point in going backwards. illogical.

In that same sense, he should build a Socket775 Intel Core 2 Quad machine with DDR2 memory.
Well I'm more defending my computer then suggesting he should get it :p

I only put that list because he asked me the parts to my computer. I'm sure other more up-to-date suggestions would be better. I'm just saying, my graphics card isn't terrible. It works great.

Back