• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Looking for Manager for T9k Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooty

Staff member
As the majority of my focus is now going into the Team9000 game engine, I'm looking for someone to run Team9000 survival, as well as any other minecraft server mods that are wanted by the community.

I'm looking for someone with a lot of minecraft server admin experience.
CommandHelper and linux experience is a plus.
Dedicated server and world backups will be provided.

I have 6 months experience running a survival server aswell as a year and a half experience admining classic servers. (which isnt quite as helpful)

im willing to help in any way necessary if you cant find someone with more experience.

I would not say that I have "lots" of experience as an admin, but I am familiar with setting up and running a SMP server on a mac. I am comfortable with bukkit and implementing mods. I have a basic understanding of commandhelper on the mac, but I have not attempted writing my own commands. I am sure that I could pick up MScript quickly enough to cover the basics, and there is plenty of resources online to help learn MScript. I am familiar with locating all of the files I need to run a server, run mods, write commands in command helper, etc, on a mac. As to how similar it is to Linux I have absolutely no idea.

Although I have never used a computer running linux, most people say that if you are comfortable with just mac or just linux, it is quite easy to pick up the other. Regardless, I pick things up very quickly and have more free time then I know what to do with.

I have had experience being head and regular admins on many servers, but I think that in this case, it should not be me to run it or such, but a very well-known person and trusted, who also knows how to run it. And saying this, I vouch for Kagato

I've got experience being an admin on a fair number of servers, as well as being in charge of organizing server mods. I used filezilla and notepad++. That being said, no one knows who I am and I vote Kagato.

I've got experience being an admin on a fair number of servers, as well as being in charge of organizing server mods. I used filezilla and notepad++. That being said, no one knows who I am and I vote Kagato.

I know who you are.... :p

Also, I vote Kagato, but only if I can be his partner in crime. :D
(Oh did I mention that I have admin'd 3 other servers?)

I'll drop my name into the hat, as I have over a year experience running my own servers. I recently shut down my own public servers, so there isn't a conflict of interest there.

For the record, I'm not confident with linux, but I have lots of free time to learn.

I've also grown tired of actually playing the game, as of late, and I'm sure the players of the Voltz server I'm running are aware of how ever-present I am.

Of course, I also think kagato is a great choice, and I'd be happy if he were in charge. And I'm comfortable with lending a hand if he/whoever else needs.

I have had a fair amount of admin experience when running that other server that I cannot name for reasons of my shame.

However a better option would be Kagato or Ozy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back