• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mario (Mario Series) VS. Steve (Minecraft)

Cheese7710

Today, I saw this video:
It made me think...Who would win if you added in several variables? So Here it is: My Steve VS Mario!

Weapons and Tools
Mario
Mario is well known for using several power-ups to give him an edge in combat. From a simple mushroom, to shooting fire, to even temporary immortality, Mario can be a tough person to face. Plus, He is known to carry hammers, and can use the environment to his advantage, such as Koopa shells and coins.
Steve
For Steve, environment is key. For this situation, I would give Steve full Iron armor, sword, and pick. Many players carry food, basic blocks, A bow with arrows , redstone with triggers, and (for the sake of competition) Some TNT. He can pick up blocks from the ground and dig.

Endurance
Steve has 20 HP, where more than one can be lost in a single hit, Whereas (for the situation) Mario has 3 HP Max (if he has a power-up), but he can't lose more than one in a single hit.

Health Regeneration
Steve has basic regeneration if he has a full hunger bar, whereas Mario must get a power up in order to regenerate health.

Environment
For the sake of equal chances, I will say that the battlefield is a Mario Modded Minecraft World in a Plains biome. The mod has power-ups only Mario can use, and Mario Mobs that will spawn alongside Minecraft mobs.

In my opinion, I say Mario DOES in fact win. The turning point in this is the fact that Mario can deal MUCH more damage than Steve can (Let's say each fireball deals 4 damage, jumps deal 3, and star power ups his damage to 10). It is a close one though, so I would like to hear your opinions on the fight.

Also, Should I do more of these? This one was just for my little touch added to the video, but I could do more if there is enough appeal.

You forget that Mario doesn't really have any range attacks, whereas Steve has a bow. IMO, Steve would make short work of Mario.

I'd say Mario still has a ranged attack because fire flower. Also, Mario has the "mega mushroom" power up that makes him much larger and can destroy terrain. Getting that power up is game over for Steve.

The fire flower is short-range effective at best. Basically, Steve has access to his entire arsenal from the start, where Mario can only pick at most two, and his two most powerful are limited in time (and are relatively rare). Mario could win, but his win would depend on luck, whereas Steve is based in skill and as such would be the more likely winner.

So far, the scenario setup is well-thought except for the damage points that Mario can deal. From a quantitative standpoint, you haven't provided evidence as to why Mario's attacks cause the damage points that you have listed. I do agree that the amount of damage that Mario can deal is key to determining the outcome of this match, so it's very important to justify your assumptions for damage points. I do recall that N64 Paper Mario gave quantitative damage points depending on the type of boots or hammer he had equipped, both of which are maxed at 3 hp damage.

@Lacar Not quite. In some Mario games, Mario can deal as much as 20 damage per jump (SUper Parer Mario, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Ect.)

During the next one I do, I'll take Damage into consideration better.

Back