• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

[MC] Serpent's Pass Thread

I'm actually ok with this if it takes advantage of a scenic view which would encompass both the airship and tree. Neither of which are naturally 'easy' to get to.
Sven and I are both under the impression that Tsysin (the transport minister) isn't keen on rails on the surface, but I assume that when they're on a few blocks wide bit of land half-way up a cliff face that should be fine, and hopefully on the ridge it's not too much of a problem, or I can just put the rail a bit more out of the way by putting it part-way down the slope.

[Edit: the parts of the tunnel I've already dug I've only dug partially - not to the full width and height]

Okay, since you want to see the tree I figured out a route that enables that. Here is an updated copy of the second diagram, with changes in yellow:

SP_Sven_Tunnel_View_2.png

So lots of trees will go from the top of the ridge so you can see the zeppelin/battleship and the cliffs (should have put that in before too), and also (not shown on diagram) quite a few will have to go from the side of the ridge where the rail runs at Y=70 BECAUSE THE CRAZY OVERGROWN TREE MESS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, I CAN HARDLY MOVE!! This is why I'm not even sure about whether the rail will go up the side of the ridge, I just can't get there. Anyway we can always put some trees back later.

Ok, it's official...Next community project is a Darkness Grinder near the SP Nether Portal. The area has already been excavated (Nod to Gurw) and the area ready for building. I am looking for anyone that would like to be involved in the project to throw their name in as we're at the planning stage.

Hmm "excavated"? There's one really close to Southbridge which is built way up in the sky (if you walk near it the first thing you notice is all the water pouring off it), I assumed this was to increase the mob spawn rate since if you're up there then there aren't any other nearby places for mobs to spawn near you. If this one you want to build is in the ground, then won't there be other caves nearby (within the mob spawn radius) where mobs might spawn instead, lowering the spawn rate in the farm/grinder?

Ok, it's official...Next community project is a Darkness Grinder near the SP Nether Portal. The area has already been excavated (Nod to Gurw) and the area ready for building. I am looking for anyone that would like to be involved in the project to throw their name in as we're at the planning stage.
i was trying to go start a build today ( at least frame work) but admin protection in the midle of the zones make it really hard to build anythings for hwta the hole been dug for .....

i was trying to go start a build today ( at least frame work) but admin protection in the midle of the zones make it really hard to build anythings for hwta the hole been dug for .....
I was pressed for time, I'm going to re-zone that tomorrow. Are you on-board with the plan Tsysin has?

yes we were actually together this morning ( well yesterday now that it's night) to find a spot for it i started transporting some scafold ressources around but i cannot build anythings just yet

Hmm "excavated"? There's one really close to Southbridge which is built way up in the sky (if you walk near it the first thing you notice is all the water pouring off it), I assumed this was to increase the mob spawn rate since if you're up there then there aren't any other nearby places for mobs to spawn near you. If this one you want to build is in the ground, then won't there be other caves nearby (within the mob spawn radius) where mobs might spawn instead, lowering the spawn rate in the farm/grinder?
I'm hoping more of the SP residents will build pretty, well-lit things aboveground around the portal. That area IS grief-protected.

IGN (case-sensitive): tshinotu145
Length of Time in the Community: 4 years
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On (if applicable, See Here for a list of official maps): 1.5 map
Member to Vouch for You (if you've been here less than a year): idk

I'm hoping more of the SP residents will build pretty, well-lit things aboveground around the portal. That area IS grief-protected.

I assume it's not protected from creepers, though, which I assume is why the one quartz and glass build there has been patched up with dirt.

It seems like a good place for some stables, but then I don't see too many people leaving horses around that area anyway, not like in Southbridge where there have been horses jammed in the portal room forever.

The more well-lit the better for the grinder. The prettier, the better to keep people from wondering where are all the mobs at.(since most pretty places are places to hide from mobs, not to fight them.)

And I'm going to make sure that everything is well lit, above and below ground. :p I will voidspank you if i find darkness at your build. @_o

:salad: kthxbai

edit: he said portal... not spawner... derp
The spawner cave occupies the entire area below the protected region.
I assume it's not protected from creepers, though, which I assume is why the one quartz and glass build there has been patched up with dirt.

It seems like a good place for some stables, but then I don't see too many people leaving horses around that area anyway, not like in Southbridge where there have been horses jammed in the portal room forever.
No, creeper damage is still on. It's still the Hinterlands, after all.

No, creeper damage is still on. It's still the Hinterlands, after all.

Some of us don't enjoy pain and hence I guess would build a few blocks away in the actual SP city where there's no potential for creeper damage :D

Some of us don't enjoy pain and hence I guess would build a few blocks away in the actual SP city where there's no potential for creeper damage :D
I don't have any issues with y'all making an obsidian wall around the Hinterlands side of the portal. Obby is preeeeettyyyyyyy.

Back