• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Classic Petition

Pothus

Hey there, as you may have noticed Mollstam has completely removed the link to Minecraft classic on minecraft.net. Though minecraft.net/classic still exists there's no easy way to find it.

LeChosenOne of the Au70 Minecraft Classic community created a "twitition", which is basically a petition hosted by Twitter.

We need as many signatures as we can get to prove that the MineCraft Classic community cares. Many communities will be destroyed by the removal of this link because without the link, there will be no new guests to play on servers. This will cause all Classic Servers to shrink until they completely fall.

To sign visit this link: http://twitition.com/p66zh

I estimate we need relatively 1,000+ signatures to get noticed by a Mojang employee.

Thank you.

Jonty of that same community started up one of these petitions back when the classic link was first removed, and all the complaining done only got the link placed on a separate page.. Now Mojang is doing this. They've been trying to get rid of classic completely, and I don't know if they will listen again this time.

Here's the thing.

Mojang has removed the link before, and enough yelling has managed to get it back. This time, mojang attacked in a two step process. First, new accounts get an email for a username, limiting the servers they can go on. Then, mojang removed the link, at a time when server's were slowly dying anyway. Without this link, minecraft classic will die in around a month or so (or at least the servers ill shrink heavily). Without classic, I would have never gotten into smp (which gave mojang a solid $17). I'm sure classic has led tons of players towards purchasing smp.

All in all, even if this petition fails, the least we can do is let mojang know we're still kicking.

Honestly, you will not find many sympathizers for your cause here. We have already had in-depth discussions on the subject of our own classic server and have more or less signed off on classic altogether.

At this point, from a purely economic/business standpoint, it does not make sense for Mojang to continue to promote/offer classic accessibility. No new potential costumers will ever have access to classic before handing money to mojang, so its use as a marketing tool is mute. Furthermore, the potential customers who got in before they changed the account creation thing would actually be more likely to finally purchase the full game if classic loses support and dies.

As much fun as I have had on classic over the last 2+ years and the almost 1000 hours I have spent on it, I do not see the point of playing anymore. It turned into more of a chatroom and casual hangout place than anything else, and I see no reason to support that when a multitude of other services provided both by t9k, the full minecraft game, and other mediums satisfy that need. All minecraft classic ever really did was provide some sort of fun distraction to make hanging out and chatting with people more enjoyable. I envision that the Official Team9000 The Game™ will take the place that classic once held in our community. It will offer a virtual space to hangout, hopefully with chat capabilities added at some point, with a variety of fun games to keep people occupied. Although other minecraft classic communities may not have the benefit and blessing of someone like Wooty to move the community forward as old ways die out, I believe they will find a way to transition away from minecraft classic.

Those are my thoughts and feelings on the matter.

Sounds like a good time to shut down Team9000 Classic.

As long as all of the worlds are available to download, and in a format that we can actually play them on, I wouldn't mind Classic being shut down.

I think it's good that we're distancing ourselves from being a Minecraft oriented community, we have so much more to offer. I've yet to see a service as good as Launch.

And to the people who are signing the petition: let it go, Classic has to die at some point.

Wow, this first year thing isn't going to great, survival down, classic kicked off the MC page, and the probability that classic will be shut down as well. Well at least there is still the community, classic will be a loss since I will probably never get survival, but it was fun even being on classic for a year.

While I'd be all for minecraft classic to live on as it has until these final days but even I have to look at it realistically, either we like it or not, but classic's going away. I've had many wonderful times on it just as many of the other t9k'ers, but as strat said, we should see this as an opportunity to explore other gaming possibilities etc. So then, Rest in piece our beloved friend, you'll be greatly missed!

Im gonna miss Classic, but its time to let go, used to play on the server all the time, but being only a builder, kinda lost track of the community, id like to know if any of my friends are still around, msg please.

Back