• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

minecraft classic sugestion

henry

To have on the promotion forums, a small bar, if possible, that slowly fills up as the player gets closer to ranking up, so they no roughly how much they need to do to get to that rank.

To have on the promotion forums, a small bar, if possible, that slowly fills up as the player gets closer to ranking up, so they no roughly how much they need to do to get to that rank.
well the problem with that is, you are ranked based on your work and its not like your ranking is based on a percent, either the admin like it or they dont

Yeah, unfortunately, there is no quantifiable way to determine how close one is to getting the next promotion. It may be possible for the lower ranks (Guest>Cool>Builder) but once you get up to Engineer, it's more based on your commitment to the server and willingness to help others in Classic. I know somewhere around here there is a thread or a wiki page that generally describes what you need in order to get the next rank, I just can't seem to find it right now...

Best suggestion: Have fun, get creative with your builds, post them here on the forums so everyone can see, and be an all-around cool guy/gal on the server and you'll do just fine.

I meant the guest and cool rank only, and what I mean is that the admins fill it up a how ever much they want to when they come across the application.

Yeah, it would be difficult for a progress bar. Because some people can create one thing thats really awesome and be promoted by it, while another person may need to create several creations to be ranked. It's difficult to apply a general progress bar to every guest. There are general rules for becoming a cool rank user. I believe it was 10 or 15+ hours of being online and building something, and also have one or several creations that display your creativity and such.

Basically the problem is that most guests and cools have this misconception that a mario sprite will get them promoted to owner. A good way to gauge the quality of your work would be to first take a look at what other people who are ranked builder and above have made. If you think that your cuboid shaped tower made of bricks is as good as say, a well detailed eiffel tower of the same size then you should go knock your crotch against a steel pole. I have seen too many people begging for promotions for their rainbows and monotonous houses and towers. Remember, what we are looking for is creativity and quality, not an ultra rare edition of a pink colored 8-bit mario sprite. GLHF.

I am over this now, I think you people have proved your point, but I really need some help with the new update, every time log into single player, it just freezes about 5-20 minutes into me playing, and then it deletes any of my previous work, :(, please help.

I am over this now, I think you people have proved your point, but I really need some help with the new update, every time log into single player, it just freezes about 5-20 minutes into me playing, and then it deletes any of my previous work, :(, please help.
Try updating your java, or some computer magic that other people can help you with, as I am not a pc wizard.

Playing multiplayer solves the "not saving your work" issue :p

Playing multiplayer solves the "not saving your work" issue :p
That it does, but when classic disconnects you without actually kicking you off the server, then there's a problem. That happened to me for awhile so that's why I'm not on classic anymore.
For some reason though, beta SMP works great!

Back