• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Classic

Profanity blocking is the most annoying thing you can have on a Minecraft server. It just sucks. Cursing is allowed on our server anyhow, just not directed. No need to block swear words.

Classic is dying anyway, no need to add to it now. It's not going to bring more people in.

Back when I joined there were almost 80-100 people on at a time, and apparently, that wasn't even it's "heyday". If you look at it now, we get 15 players on a very good day.

I wish it wasn't dying, I really like Classic. But it is, the full server has gotten much better lately although.

indeed, Before, around guest 200 or so, Guest world was full of people, when I pressed TAB, there weren't enough rectangles to fit all the people's names. Now, as sped said, we get 10-15 people, and those people are mostly builder+ that played in the classic server frequently

His the hell is classic dying? Its fucking awesome as fuck
Because Mojang is trying to kill it off. Their reasoning is that because people were coming in and assuming classic was the only version available, Mojang was losing potential sales. I'd dig up the tweet by Mollstam explaining this, but I'm too lazy.

tl;dr: Mojang wants money.

Why is there a tl;dr in there? I've seen posts over 20 lines long that don't have a tl;dr in there.

Anyway, classic is coming to the inevitable downfall of itself. The main reason why is because now you have to pay to play it. Also, Mojang did one time remove the link, but protests rose and they put it back on the site.
Face it, classic might not have enough players to make it to the end of this year. Sorry, but its the truth.
As much as I would like to see classic go on, it just doesn't have enough momentum. Its sorta like an object attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis. (Screwed if you don't understand physics or watch The Big Bang Theory)

TL;DR:
Classic is slowly dying, face it.

Classic is Awesome.
Infact. Ima go play it.
Its not dying.
Its you thats dying.
You nevar been on Classic have you?
Yo seem Upset.
Kthanksbai

Because Mojang is trying to kill it off. Their reasoning is that because people were coming in and assuming classic was the only version available, Mojang was losing potential sales. I'd dig up the tweet by Mollstam explaining this, but I'm too lazy.

You do?
How come I can still play it?
It does seem more hidden now though :(

acda10b1c9

5f63e708ed

82f1a69242

b8fd667667

Back