• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft v1.7

Briggs

It is that time of updates again. Minecraft v1.7 is here, for many of you, it is a sign to run for the hills trying to get away from all the new bugs. For others, its a time to embrace the update and do everything you can with it. Here is Notches update log for 1.7, its actually quite shorter than I imagined...

Minecraft Beta 1.7
1.7:

+ Added pistons
+ Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT
+ Fences can be stacked
+ Added shears
+ Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks
+ Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
* Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched
- Removed Herobrine

Pistons: They well, push and pull stuff I guess. Use redstone, those who are proficient can make some really epic contraptions!

Fire/redstone needed for TNT activation: Not sure if this is a good or bad thing... Now it takes longer to set up your hacked SSP TNT and blow your world to pieces.

Stacking fences: Finally! much easier to build with those annoying things!

Shears: Shear sheep? From what I hear they can defuse TNT, more info to come as I research.
Shears are used to: A. Get leaf blocks, yay! B. Get wool and not hurt the sheep. For you sheep lovers.

Sheep need shears: SNS is going to be lame for many people, no more punching the sheep all you want for their goodies. Now you need a shear to make a bed.

Herobrine: Removed for a second time....?!?

That sums it up, if you still want to play on multiplayer servers, DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the log from minewiki, its much better in my opinion.

Added pistons.
Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
Fences can be stacked.
Added Shears.
Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them.
Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched.
New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
Silverfish was added (possibly for Beta 1.8).
Pressing F3 ingame, near your coordinates is written the direction you are looking with 0,1, 2 and 3.
The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
Spawn rate of Squids increased. (?)
Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block's texture
New Bugs:

Pushing leaves, water, lava, levers, tall grass, flowers, mushrooms, saplings, dead shrubs and sugar canes with a piston causes the game to crash. In SMP the server crashes and restarting it doesn't necessarily fix the problem.
Right clicking sheep while holding nothing causes the game to crash.

1.7_01

Bug fixes:

Fixed piston bug. Blocks that used to make the game crash in 1.7 now just get removed by the piston.
Fixed right clicking on a sheep empty-handed causing game to crash.
Worlds crashed are now loadable again.
New Bugs:

Right clicking on an unsheared sheep removes the item in your hand (does not include shears).
Hitting a certain side of or breaking an iron or wooden door with your hands will make pink or purple particles. This applies to punching or using a tool.
Breaking obsidian with a wooden shovel will create pink/purple particles.
Cobweb doesn't break and it doesn't hurt anymore
Activating a pressure plate on a block on a piston causes a crash.

This is not a thread archiving the topic, nor is it a thread that covers solely the update. The title is clearly "will 1.7 come today".

I beat all of you >:D
Where is your link fancy man? :p

I have been covering the minecraft updates in the archive for a while, so I will continue to do so. You guys can do what you please with other posts and threads, but mine is the best! I used to post pictures about the updates, list all different stuff about certain items, but time restrictions stop me from doing so :(. Now I can only cover a broad spectrum of the updates.

Back