• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft World Experiment Idea

Essentials already does what WorldGuard does.

And doesn't Dynmap kind of...suck up a lot of resources? This is my computer I'm going to be hosting this on, so I can't go extreme here. Sure, my computer -can- handle hosting while doing other things, but I don't want Minecraft to be sucking up everything.

EDIT: Actually, I could attempt hosting it on my laptop, it shouldn't be too much of a problem if that's the only thing it does. We'll have to see.
It's just an idea. If it's too much, you can choose not to use it.

Essentials already does what WorldGuard does.

And doesn't Dynmap kind of...suck up a lot of resources? This is my computer I'm going to be hosting this on, so I can't go extreme here. Sure, my computer -can- handle hosting while doing other things, but I don't want Minecraft to be sucking up everything.

EDIT: Actually, I could attempt hosting it on my laptop, it shouldn't be too much of a problem if that's the only thing it does. We'll have to see.
I may have forgotten about that part, sorry.

Alternately, you could tell me how you made the world and I could do it myself.
True...

hasfkhklf.png

1. Too far to dig for resources. Diamond being at layers 15-0 commonly, I'd have to dig very deep to complete this goal.

2. Ability to build bigger structures.
Fair enough.

The server works now, but I don't know if the plugins are set up the way you want. I could put it up whitelisted for you to fiddle with first if you would like.

Sure, though I may have to wait til tomorrow to really look at it.

Thank you for helping me make this server actually happen :)

Once the server's ready for the public, I'll start a different thread made specifically for the server. That will have rules, IP, and other info put on there.

Sorry for no updates lately. I do still plan on this. Things have just been rough in my life with family and school. Everything should still happen.

I want this to happen real soon. Most of the spawn area is ready and, although I'm not done with some lil cool stuff I wanted to add, I want this to be out there for people to see. If I could have someone experienced with Essentials help me block some commands for normal players, I'd be very appreciative. Once I get sign stores and the special merchants ready, the world will be opened to the public. I may have a lil beta period sooner for the test of if commands work or not.

Question: although it says that there's a PvP arena and mob arena near the spawn, would anyone be bothered if I waited a bit to add it? I just wanna get the server running so that people can start having fun.

Question: although it says that there's a PvP arena and mob arena near the spawn, would anyone be bothered if I waited a bit to add it? I just wanna get the server running so that people can start having fun.
I'd prefer a holding up on that, so in that people can gather loot stuffs first.

Looks like we hit a bump: we can no longer access the world. I need another person who may be willing to run the server, and if I cannot find anyone, I guess this project will be trashed :/

Back