• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mixer and stuff

A question:

I looked up wootalyzers mixer and it's about $300, where as Ozy's and ollee's are a bit cheaper. I don't mind spending the money if it's something I'm going to use. So what's the difference between the two models, or more specifically, what does woot's mixer bring to the table - specifically referring to broadcasting - that the other two don't? If I picked up the cheaper mixer, will there be sometime down the line where I'll be missing a feature of the more expensive one that I wish I had?

And about the two mics that woot uses. Is one of those mics just a replacement for the one you get for free when you purchase a 360, and you're just using it because it's a higher quality mic?

I think that's all the questions for now, lol.

1. More busses, more channels, a built in fx processor, four subgroups, xlr main out, inserts on every channel. Basically... a lot of audio-freak stuff. If you don't know what it is, you probably don't need it. However, be careful that you know how to use and setup a mixer before you buy one - they require a lot of knowledge, adapters, and cables in addition to just the mixer itself.

2. No, both microphones are XLR right into the mixer. Then, I use a home-made dual-TS to 2.5mm adapter to jack the mixer directly into one of my 360 controllers.

So I went ahead and will be getting a Behringer Xenyx X1222USB mixer and a Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone. I'll be adding other stuff as I go, but I'm just sick of doing patchwork fixes to get commentary of me and the people I'm playing with to broadcast overtop of the games we're playing. I should have it all in a month or so.

Thanks again for the help woot.

Back