• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Modern Warfare 2

ollee

'Ello Kids. Today I'm gonna tell you a story about the evils of the world.

Out in the world, there are many evils, and they often seem tantalizing at first. Sure they may be pleasurable, entertaining, or even adorable at times. But when you close your eyes at night, there they are, haunting you during the time you can't protect your thoughts.

In case you're wondering, yes, I AM coming to the point. And here it is.

<This image was lost in the great internet fire of 4/27/2010>

But seriously, I broke the rules. I bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm sorry. It was an impulse buy. I went to GameStop to buy a Wii, and they were out. So, I bought something else to fill the internal void of NEEDing to spend money. I purchased MW2, got home around 4, started the game around 9-ish, and finished 5 hours and 15 minuets later. I had thought I had chosen the most difficult setting, however, looking back this morning, it seems I was mistaken. I chose difficulty 2/4, lets call it Ollee-Fails. After 5 hours of mother fu**ing, distracted playing, and background Frontalot, the game rolled the credits. And, I don't regret playing it.

<This image was lost in the great internet fire of 4/27/2010>

YES, YOU HEARD ME! What?! It didn't SUCK. I have yet to play the "Special Op's Mode", nor have I played on anything higher than the "Ollee-Fails" difficulty, but it definitely had a cinematic feel, and I LOVE that in a game, even one I hate. Here's the skinny:

Pros
  • Cinematic Feel
  • Actual Story
  • Allies actually kill things
  • Neat weapons
  • Variety in the game play, missions, tactics and style/feel
  • A moving story line
  • EPIC Ending
  • Some basic reliance on tactics (Pro Tip: Running out guns blaring doesn't work)
  • Engine rendered cut scenes (live rendering or whatever you call it)
  • Slaughter???
Cons
  • Story line is a bit difficult to follow
  • Its MW2
  • Periodically frustrating
  • Allies are fu**ing morons at times
  • Short story
  • Your characters throw grenades like a girl
Final Score: 8/10

Over all, I enjoy this games story mode a surprising amount, and yes, I intend to play it again to tide me over till MAG, Star Trek Online, and The 40th Day come out.

Can you ever forgive me?

<3 O

Back