Modern Warfare 4 Confirmed.......really?

Black Ops 2 , Battlefield 22, Modern Warfare 2,000, etc. have all become another Madden franchise - i.e. same shit, they just update a stat or two and throw in some new textures. *SHING* SPARKLE SPARKLE.

215197303_5Bxpu-L-2.jpg

...I still play MW3. They had the PERFECT ending for the Modern Warfare series (after following the series). And now they are making a fourth. What's the plot? "Hello, Makrov here telling you I just survived being hung. Now that everyone knows I survived, the war is still on!"...
I was going to say you shouldn't post spoilers, then I realized that most people wouldn't actually care.

i'm waiting for the moment they stop being modern and become future warfare, that's when i'm jumping back on the band wagon :)
because honestly, a "realistic" future shooter sounds pretty damn fun, and i don't mean a bazzilion years advanced halo future, i mean realistic concepts of future weaponry brought in to realistic war settings, also we could finally stop blaming people from the middle east and Russians for everything...

Developers made.....

New games?

Rather than just constant sequels following a strict formula?

The issue with that is the publishers are afraid to take a gamble on a new IP when the old one is still making some serious money. If (for example) EA releases a new IP this holiday season and MS releases Halo4 and Halo4 dominates sales and the new IP flounders, that's a lesson learned by EA to stick with the old stuff. It's an issue that seems to permeate not just video games, but lots of other companies. Companies that are established in their industry become less and less willing to strive for innovation and change because of the fear of catastrophic economic risk. Look at Kodak and the American auto industry as examples.

how many modern warfare's are there now? i thought modern warfare 3 ended nicely killing the bad guy and saving the day and most of the good guys are dead why go one with the series

i'm waiting for the moment they stop being modern and become future warfare, that's when i'm jumping back on the band wagon :)
because honestly, a "realistic" future shooter sounds pretty damn fun, and i don't mean a bazzilion years advanced halo future, i mean realistic concepts of future weaponry brought in to realistic war settings, also we could finally stop blaming people from the middle east and Russians for everything...

Dude......that is exactly what Black Ops II is. It is set in 2025 and the villain is a Venezuelan warlord behind global insurrection.

Dude......that is exactly what Black Ops II is. It is set in 2025 and the villain is a Venezuelan warlord behind global insurrection.
really.... shows how up to date I am with the new gen games.... don't see the point of calling it black ops, I'm pretty sure the fanboys would eat up anything with CoD in front of it.

I think we have already past that point and have now moved along to beating the dead horse. MW4 will be like trying to resurrect said horse..

Too bad Necromancy doesn't exist... or is it a good thing? I'm not too sure.
Look, if they do release a MW5 after this, people who follow the series will start to know what's up....

Or... just keep on buying the games as always...

Yea, I'ma go with the latter of that statement.

The linked story updated, it isn't true. Doubtless it'll happen, but so far Activision have denied it.

Whew, we dodged a bullet. Literally.

Back