• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My First Blog!

jrl51592

Yup, that's right! You read the title correctly. This is my first blog... ever... on T9K... and it's kind of a update with my life, some stuff about me and also some venting and somewhat of life advice too.

Anyways time for the update... So what all has been going on with me? Well, quite a bit I guess. This past Friday I filled out another online application for a job. Out of all the applications that I filled out over these past 3 years... this one actually went through. This one actually tells me to actively check my email and also to be with my phone and to pay attention to who calls me. All the other applications that I filled out for different jobs, never got anywhere because I failed the online assessments for each and every one but this one. Anytime this week I could get an email and a phone call from the place that I applied at. So hopefully I will get a job within these coming weeks and no longer sit on my ass all the time and do nothing with my life like I have been these past 4 and half years. It will be my first job if I do get this job and it's exciting to finally be working but at the same time I'm nervous. Like I said, it's my first job and it's a whole new experience for me but it's definitely a step in the right direction with my life.

Now time for a bit of some venting mixed in with some info about me. Theirs been many times where I felt like giving up and going in the wrong direction with my life but thankfully I didn't. I mean sure, I didn't try hard enough with school and I inevitably dropped out of High School. Huge mistake doing that. I still kick myself in the ass all the time for not trying in school and dropping out. My life has sucked ever since I dropped out and reality definitely has caught up with me. So now it's time for me to get on my feet and do something with my life. Not that I don't have much of a choice in that matter anyways. I'm still young and I still have time to change my life and I am finally doing that. I'm changing my life. I could if I wanted to, make this blog a negative and depressing blog but I'm not. I'm tired of the negativity that's in my life and I don't want to let the negative take over me anymore. I know their is still negativity in all of our lives and their is still definitely negativity in my life as well but I know I can overpower the negative with being positive. You and I can overcome the negative by keeping our heads held high and not let anything beat us down. I know it'll be tough but you can do it. Their is a light that is among the darkness. You just got to be strong and stay focused on that light to overcome the darkness.

Now that I ended up on the subject of that kind of stuff... Like most of y'all, I struggle with the debilitating mental disease that is depression. Theirs times where I absolutely feel like shit and giving up on everything. This disease hinders the way we go about our day and it absolutely fucking sucks. One day, you're perfectly fine and feeling great... then the next day... it's the total opposite. However, whenever I am feeling down I have found a way for me to overcome it. One of the strongest "medicines" for me that helps me overcome my depression is music. Music definitely helps me a lot. Music is medicine for the soul. It's true when people say that their is a song for everything and every emotion. Whenever I am feeling depressed, I will lay down on my bed, relax, and listen to instrumental music. More specifically, I'll listen to melodic piano music. It helps me to clear my head and to think of stuff that makes me happy. Normally, when I'm not feeling depressed, I'll listen to Rock and Metal cause that's just what I prefer even though I'll listen to any kind of music as long as it sounds good to me and also depending on what mood I'm in.

Another "medicine" for me is making someone laugh. I am usually random and weird cause it makes people laugh most of the time. Whether they are laughing at me, or not, it doesn't matter as long as I get them to laugh and put a smile on their face. It makes me feel good knowing that only for a moment, I was able to leave an impression on their day by making them laugh and put a smile on their face. I don't know, it's just how I am.

So yeah, I didn't have too much to talk about other then what I typed in this blog but I hope you learned a little bit about me and also what's been going on with me lately.

Oh and sorry to those who thought my blog was boring. This is my first blog so I'm a bit new to writing a blog.

Anyways, I don't want to let this blog drag on any longer then it already has. So if you make it this far then... congrats! You get nothing.... other then one of my favorite quotes..

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."

It's great that you're (probably) going to get a job! It's really awesome to feel productive. :p

I have a friend that suffers from mild depression, I'm really grateful to be the person he chooses to make happy so that he's happy. :3

I haven't seen you around much, but I hope you do more of these so we can get to know you better! :D

Back