• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My Helping Write/Edit a friends Story

Melexiious

My friend needed help with writing a story for an English assignment, so I helped with the ideas, structure and other bits and pieces. I didn't create all of it, but I did help a quite bit. Oh, This is the most amazing story to ever grace your eyes. When you're finished reading it, please do tell me what you think.

Light slowly crept back into my eyes, slowly but surely the dim light penetrated the veil of darkness that left me so alone. I felt heavy and sluggish, as if newly awoken from a slumber of over a thousand years. I put my hand to my head but something fell from my face to the ground with a small thud. I pushed my weight off the ground and began to take in the surroundings. I was in a small, derelict room with a single floodlight flickering incessantly in the corner, casting long shadows on the floor and walls. The walls looked to be chilling, rotting plaster boards with decayed wallpaper drooping down. I took a step forward but stumbled, It seemed that I have not fully recovered yet.

I groped at the walls trying to get my balance. The floodlight was obviously not casting light in this area and I felt a liquid under my fingers, rather thick to the touch. I must’ve been fairly tired still as I didn’t take much notice of it at the time. I began to look further around the room when I noticed the light become blocked for a split second or two. I span around as fast as I could without further injury and looked in the direction the shadow was going. I tried to find something, but there was merely silence and dust spinning in small vortexes across the room. Trying to figure what was going on, I realised I had no idea where I was, or even who I was. I stumbled towards the door at the far side of the room, stepping on the object I had removed from my face. I lost my balance and slipped face first with a sickening thud, I attempted to recover but yet again i had to push myself off the ground. I felt sickeningly dizzy but attempted to continue on. There was a faint smell of something I didn’t quite recognise, however it was not unpleasant. However out of place this unclear odour was I continued on. The object I slipped on felt very soft, like warm clay underfoot. The floodlight illuminating just through the door, the corridor beyond that pitch black.

I felt along the wall until I reached a window. I looked out, but it was clearly boarded up with numerous planks of wood. There was enough space between them, however, to let slivers of grey light through. The light shined upon what looked like a set of hardwood drawers. I quickly fumbled along until I found what I thought to be the handle. I pulled hard and sure enough it scraped open. I put my hand in hoping to find something of use. Quickly my hand was covered in an almost fluid, but it felt like many, many single strands of a soft damp nature. I gripped around a cylindrical metal object and quickly yanked it towards myself. A few strands of whatever that was fell to the ground with a worrying slop. I quickly slammed shut the drawer and felt along this cylindrical object. I quickly felt an anomalous bump along the side and pushed it in with my thumb. I heard a low buzzing and the light emanated from the far end of the cylindrical object.
A flashlight.

I shone the light towards the far end of the corridor. On one end was a small, crooked door with clearly rotten hinges and to the other was a collapsed wall and behind that a blocked-off kitchen of some form. There appeared to be an already cooked meal on the table. From what I could see with the flashlight it was a steaming hot spaghetti bolognaise. Looks like I mightn’t of been alone in that building. I moved towards the only feasible escape path. That decrepit door. Moving towards this unsettling door, I quickened with every pace. When I finally reached the entrance I felt some familiar liquid underfoot. I shone down to reveal a thick red pool of some description. I gasped in horror and slowly dragged the door towards myself.

I stepped into the darkness and immediately fell down the stairs after slipping in the sanguine liquid. Thud after thud until I eventually hit the ground. I got up and began to observe my surroundings. The flashlight had taken a considerable beating and began to dim and fade. I quickly got on the floor, and did the upside down rainbow dinosaur before picking up the already weak light source and took a moment to look around my surrounding. I had clearly walked into what seemed to be an average basement, but in the far left corner of the room was hovering a squirming, writhing mass, barely visible. I took a step closer before I realised what it was. It was a giant spaghetti rift. From it came spewing spaghetti all over the room, and before I knew it, the spaghetti had reached my knees. I quickly waded to the stairs, but the spaghetti had begun to weigh down my pants. My pants fell off and I began crying profusely. I ran on, hoping to evade the oncoming deluge of spaghetti. I found another door! I shoulder slammed through it and it opened. Light blinded me and I regained my orientation. I was in the middle of a crowded shopping center, just emerged from the dilapidated old shop I had apparently been in. There I was, pants down and crying heavily and everyone turned around and began laughing. I quickly ran for the nearest exit and shot through it. As I walked through the door, I got on the floor and again did the reverse rainbow upside-down super powerslide dinosaur.​

The End~

"It seemed that I have not fully recovered yet."
had* not fully recovered

"I noticed the light become blocked"
became*

"I span around"
spun*

"without further injury"
would work better as "without further injuring myself"

"small vortexes"
vortices*

"Trying to figure what was going on"
As I tried to figure out what was going on* <- Would work better.

And that's as far as I'm going. Also, last 2 paragraphs were more gramatically accurate than the rest lol.
Btw, I went through the door
Everyone get on the floor
walk the dinosaur

Is the last paragraph your work? The word choice and imagery seem inconsistent with the rest of the story.

Back