• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My Pax East Experience

Ekgladiator

Hiya,

So this year I was convinced by Ollee and Leshkee to attend PAX east. For months I spent worrying about silly stuff like will I have saved up enough to actually afford it? Will I even have fun? What if I don't like anyone there? Considering how annoyed I was with my last blog post (Which I now formally apologize for) the weeks leading up to PAX were interesting to say in the least.

As the days rolled by and Crain was being all like "YOUR GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!" I was nervous, excited and hoping to have the time of my life. Now I want to share what happened and my experiences.

Wednesday/ Thursday: these two days were probably the most nerve wreaking to say in the least. Wednesday I was going to meet Ollee and Leshkee for the first time in person and then drive 7 hours (that evolved into 9) driving up to Boston to then meet even more new people. See here is the thing talking to someone on the interwebs and actually meeting them is a whole different ball game. In person I am a lot quieter and have to come out of my shell in order to get comfy. So I spent the drive getting a feel for these two people and generally becoming even better friends with them. It was fantastic and awesome. I then met Popfantic, Negitive, and Riley who where to be my roomies. Unlike Lesh and Ollee who I talk to on a regular basis I rarely ever spoke to them, but it didn't matter we all got along relatively well and it was fantastic. I stayed up to 3 am waiting with Lesh on Sonic and Kerz to come in and that summarizes my first two days. Oh and we played PS4 joust which was interesting as well.

Friday: First day at pax everyone said wait a bit because the line is stupid long so I explored the outer areas with Kerz looking for QR codes and chatting. After we picked up Lesh and Mmmpop and started touring the actual floor. I have to say entering the floor for the first time is magical, it was like omg all these people are like me, NERRRRDDDDDDS! We grabbed swag bags and explored all the things. I actually found out about a contest giving away headphones in exchange for a old pair and snagged a Steel Series Siberia v3 (not as good as I thought they were gonna be) . We went to Jimmy Johns and got to enjoy the small space. Everything was fantastic. After that Ollee, Lesh, Mmmpop, and I started walking to the twitch party on foot to try to catch a cab. We ended up taking a train and I had the best birthday party in years. I got some lovely ladies business cards, we all got hammered and danced like fools but who the hell cared it was glorious.

Saturday: So now this is where things start getting interesting. So day 2 of PAX and I am one of the few drinkers who fully recovered from last night (thank you fat guy syndrome and water) I get up and stand in this long ass line to get into the convention center. I get like 3 swag bags ( I got like 4 the first day) and try to get Riley a pair of headphones as well. it doesn't work so me and Riley walk over and he gets a business card. Afterwards we spend most of the day in various lines for like new egg and that pokemon real time android game thing. After a while others come down and we have decided to go to the Twitch Town Hall. We wait in line for a while and got more swag (I have a heroes of the storm code to give a way now [unless I give to to a friend to give away on stream]). We wanted to do Yankee this night but twitch was a must (and twitch con sounds awesome)

Sunday: We can call this the point of wanting to go home. See by Saturday I was tired as hell and decided not to stay up late to get sleep. so we are on the floor again just waking around and seeing anything we missed (aka picture day) and so pretty much we end up watching people do lets dance for the majority of the day and it was fun. Around 5 we tried again to do Yankee but instead settled for Chipotle. After trying to get people to board games (I got to meet the dev of a card game) we decided to pack it up and get ready for the morrow. I hung out with Woot and Ozy for a bit before packing. This was the point I said my good byes to Woot, Mmmpop, negitive, and riley. (at different times durIng the night)

Monday/ Tuesday: The long drive home. By this point we are all damn tired but still got on fantastically. Everytime a Taylor Swift song would come on they would be like "Shut up! Taylor swift!" and it was fantastic. The drive went by stupid fast, we parted ways with Ollee and I stayed the night at Lesh's until my drive home today (tuesday). I gave Lesh double goodbyes and proceeded to drive home. I have been home since 12 ish and still haven't even sorted my swag or anything.

So now that I did a play by play I should probably state me feelings about what happened. I had the best time of my life and I want to do it again. even if t9k doesn't go as a group I would still do it. I am very glad that I got to meet a bunch of awesome people, I made a lot of friends, and got contact info from some ladies. Over all this PAX was a TENOUTTATEN and I can't wait for next year.

Thank you for reading my blog and have a nice day!

Oh the only downside was that someone hit my car....

10/10 would get drunk and almost throw up on a guy on the toilet again. Glad you had fun, I don't plan to miss next year and I hope to make South and East.

After the first PAX I was only going for my Team9000 friends and booze, and I stayed for the PAX stuff. Last year was awesome, the parties were awesome, the floor SUCKED. I think the year Alimber, Cash, Yuky, and Casham showed up was hands down my favorite.

Now we need to get Casham, Conrod, Tofurkey, and Cash to show up. So we can see who can outdrink who.

You didn't get the full pax east experience by missing yankee lobster. I will be there next year and that will not be allowed to happen again.

Back