My PC is dying

LOL... Very Random... Post about your breaking down PC (if you have/had one in this condition)

My PC is running Windows 8.1 x64 (I admit is the shitiest version of windows ever) and when ever I turn it on, it overheats, smokes and I hear something rattling in between the fans... (Don't bother finding out) I keep unplugging and plugging my headphones till the jack breaks into pieces. (I guess thats what makes the fan rattle). Error of computer because of ram (i guess virus) And I do not care about it as it is 2.5 years old and thats the usual lifespan of a laptop. I was planning on getting a desktop pc but I needed my pc to be on the go.
laptop-smoking.png

Holy Smokes!!! XDXD

Sounds like your fan might be blocked internally which is causing your overheating issue. Without more info about the errors I would guess the errors are related to your system overheating. I would advise you clean or have cleaned the inside of your pc, especially around the fans and heat-sinks.

Sounds like your fan might be blocked internally which is causing your overheating issue. Without more info about the errors I would guess the errors are related to your system overheating. I would advise you clean or have cleaned the inside of your pc, especially around the fans and heat-sinks.
I feel like this is a poorly-indicated quote of a story he found elsewhere and not his own.

[collapse="win8-8.1<win7"]Windows 8 craps itself with 3 firefox tabs on my old desktop, windows 7 would let me hit like 30 before I'd start having the same slowdown/freeze issues. Don't even bring up win7 losing its support, i don't care. I'll change windows when they have one that doesn't slow down so many things. I'd take a 5min boot with good fps in games and decent tabcounts over a 5 second boot with crap fps in games stutters and weird slowdown freezes and crashes in browsers because I have 3 youtube videos open. screw support from a company that offers shitty technical support in the first place, and i'd take the shitty metro ui if it actually sped things up like it bullshits claims.[/collapse]
Heh. And here I am saying the exact opposite. Sorry bro, maybe your computer just can't handle Win8. For me it's faster, especially on boot times (5 min for Win7, 2 min for Win8) and I can have just as many tabs open in any browser.

Edit: My point being, your personal experience does not a standard make.

I have a mid-range Lenovo laptop that's 2.5 years old now. It still runs well, but it's deteriorating noticeably. My CPU overheats, and the laptop will blue-screen if I don't place the laptop on a large flat surface. A couple months ago, I thought that my fan was starting to fail (barely sufficient airflow imo), so I took it apart to replace the fan. Lenovo apparently had some anti-disassemble mechanisms in place, since I had to break a couple of fixtures that keep the laptop case together. I was able to put it back together, but now the frontal part of the bottom of the case has no attachment to the top, so my laptop looks like a half-opened book now.

Windows 8 craps itself with 3 firefox tabs on my old desktop, windows 7 would let me hit like 30 before I'd start having the same slowdown/freeze issues.

How many GB of RAM do you have on your system? How many cores does your CPU have?

Huh, had this Asus laptop for 4 years now, had to replace keyboard due to WoW being way too hard on the W key (pro raider = quick death of keyboards.) Cleaned it once inside and changed out stock cooling compound with Artic 5 compound I had lying around. Need to replace of course due to higher standards for games and stuff, but it's lasted due to proper maintenance and not improper use with restricted airflow. Hell still have an old Dell Inspiron from back around 2006 that still turns on and runs well, the case is a different story on it.

Also remember Nick_Revenge from minecraft days and don't recall being troll. Depending on how long this has been going on and how hot the laptop was getting before the board failsafe kicked in depends on whether it's even worth fixing the laptop. I mean nowadays you can get a laptop fairly cheap that can do 'basic' gaming or work. I mean it's good and all to change the fan out, but that's not going to do any good if some of the diodes got overheated in the fray and are close to failing now.

Just bought a laptop cooler from cooler master and refreshed my pc... seems to fix some problems but I guess I can't seem to fix headphone jack problem BTW i was banned because I used to be -13

My current laptop is a hair over three years old, and starting to show its age despite a recent upgrade from 3GB of RAM to 8GB and migration to a solid state drive. Normally I'd say "Meh, it's good enough." It is, for my most-played games, but being employed again gives me the option of having "Ye fuzzing gods, this thing is fast!" so I'm gradually refining a shopping list of components for a home-built desktop, starting with an AMD A10-6800K, 32GB of RAM, and a GTX 750 Ti, fully liquid-cooled for some vicious overclocking. My goal is not just to play the latest awesomeness like Space Engineers and GTA V, but also record gameplay, maybe stream (assuming anyone would want to watch).

Okay, not exactly a "dying" post, more just "its computing power is approaching the point of being outpaced by the demands of desired purposes."

If you want something faster, go for it. If you don't really care and don't need anything faster, AND you like to tinker and/or squeeze every drop of life you can out of things, then don't go for faster. To clarify: This tx2 WILL overheat and cut itself off if I use it nonstop for a few hours. If I just use word processing or email, then dont touch it, it will stay on for days. Also, if I take the battery out, it doesn't overheat, it has more holes for air to get through. also, i didn't deny the fact that things slow down, I'm sure my Tx2 was faster when new, but i've had it shut itself off 3 times in one day with the battery in. It only shuts off when I use it to watch multiple videos for hours on end with it sitting on a blanket, carpet, or similarly nonventilation friendly material. The cooling pad i have is broken, which means it helps keep it on a little longer, but a blanket still somehow just collects the heat and decreases airflow, unlike a flat table or desk. Sure, it's slowed down, sure it's at a point where it's picky about where I put it(but this thing was poorly designed to begin with, and some people have had theirs stop working completely due to the overheating by design problems it has) I'm just saying.. If you are broke, with no job, or perhaps very young and your funds are limited, or maybe even if you want to stretch everything out to its complete limits, swapping out a few things and cleaning goes a long way. As far as the overheated diodes, sure bored I understand components can be damaged by heat, I worked on electronics in the navy, but I personally(opinion here) would still say screw it and force life out of something even if it's damaged. And mainly because I'm poor, but also because I like taking things that people give up on and squeezing more life out of them.

Remember, I was just offering my opinion, and we all have opinions. I personally don't need anything fast, and if I do, I'll use my desktop. I dislike tablets and smartphones, and only like the touchscreen of my laptop for quicker mouse functions like tapping on a link or the x in the corner of the screen without fumbling on a touchpad.

If you're broke like me, and don't have a job like me, it's easier to take some spare parts or a screw driver and some air, and get things to keep going. even if it's not easier, if you like to tinker with things, it's more fun.

99.9% of everything you hear, read, or see is purely opinion and bias. I'd go so far to say that 100% of what you hear or read from others is hearsay. Hearsay is not fact. Opinion is not fact. Evidence is not fact, it's only something that supports the hearsay or opinion. Proof is what is truly lacking, and proof is evidence made into fact. It's a lot harder than people think to establish proof. A lot of times when someone says "I have proof" it's merely evidence, and when people agree that a thing has been proven, it's still just them forming an opinion on some evidence and hearsay, and nothing was truly proven. Just food for thought. Proof is hard and almost impossible, in most circumstances, to establish. The truth varies from person to person. The best place to be is in the middle looking at everyone on both sides as both right and wrong. I admit I mess up and stand on one side of the fence, but everyone else does it and most people don't even feel bad about it. I feel horrible every time I do. Opinions and hearsay are not facts. and evidence is just that, evidence... not proof. That's why theories are still theories(think relativity or evolution), evidence can not prove they are truth.
This is deep

Heh. And here I am saying the exact opposite. Sorry bro, maybe your computer just can't handle Win8. For me it's faster, especially on boot times (5 min for Win7, 2 min for Win8) and I can have just as many tabs open in any browser.

Edit: My point being, your personal experience does not a standard make.
Windows 8 doesn't actually shut down; it just goes into hibernation unless you reboot it. Also, just saying, Microsoft has the legal authority to check if your computer has pirated content on it. I doubt it actually happens, but still . . .

Windows 8 doesn't actually shut down; it just goes into hibernation unless you reboot it. Also, just saying, Microsoft has the legal authority to check if your computer has pirated content on it. I doubt it actually happens, but still . . .
Odd, because MY Win8 fully shuts down (hooray for having inline ammeters in all my outlets, also yay for being an electrician and knowing that inline ammeters are a thing :D).

That part of the user agreement is illegal where I live, and most of the world, and likely most states as well; so no, they really don't. If they ever tried, I guarantee some of the more tech-savvy users out there would notice and sue them for everything they're worth. Privacy laws are important.

Odd, because MY Win8 fully shuts down (hooray for having inline ammeters in all my outlets, also yay for being an electrician and knowing that inline ammeters are a thing :D).

That part of the user agreement is illegal where I live, and most of the world, and likely most states as well; so no, they really don't. If they ever tried, I guarantee some of the more tech-savvy users out there would notice and sue them for everything they're worth. Privacy laws are important.
In that case, I'm glad to be wrong.

In that case I feel that microsoft might be instead of looking for pirated items, they sell your personal info to companies like google for ads (or the CIA if you believe in this sort of things:D)

Back