• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My story in response to DutchCheese's thread, "What is YOUR story?"

lacar1601

I first joined the Beta server after the Cydonian Empire gave back ienjoywaffles' position as mayor of Waffleville. Of course at the time I didn't know this, or anything about T9k.

I mostly spent my very first days exploring the lands immediately around the spawn tower and eavesdropping on people's chats. This is how I came to learn about ienjoywaffles and Waffleville, and other places like Eagle Pass and Hobotown. Again, at the time I didn't know what any of these towns were nor where they were. That was until I utilized the T9k wiki and jotted down the coords to each of the town portals. On my way to the (Oxytown?) portal, I saw the sign that directed to where Waffleville was. Knowing from the chat that this town was one of the more active communities, I followed the path and found Waffleville.

When I first decided to join waffleville, the "town" (Towny was not implemented back then) was semi-bustling with activity, with notable members such as Breaker and bonerlandboy. I tried not to attract too much attention, as in other players' eyes I was new and a potential griefer. I constructed a house on the northern side of the lake and developed the surrounding land (much to waffle's surprise when later he realized how much his town grew). Meanwhile, I befriended eliteaustin and tried to develop good relationships with the other town members (mostly waffles, though).

At some point, Mebflame founded Mebville, and consequently Waffleville started to decline. Talk about an upcoming wipe also discouraged some other veteran members from playing. In addition the town was horribly griefed by the Dragon duo, who were justly banned. But Waffleville continued. A couple of the veteran members, and well as eliteaustin and I, stayed. More new members joined, and the Pentagon was built (this thing was huge). Relations between Mebflame and ienjoywaffles improved, and a rail was built between the Waffleville and Mebville Pentagons. Shortly thereafter, the two mayors began talking about an outlands alliance.

Waffleville continued to decline, and many veteran players came on less frequently. Soon, waffles, austin and I were the only active members in town. New players started making towns everywhere. I visited some towns, particularly the Japanese-themed Shudo Village, with members such as santaman, deinmentor, kenkeichi, Kuchenhorst, and munchkin (all of whom I have good relationships with today).

Eventually, I broke from waffleville and started building on my own. It was around this time that I joined the T9k forums. Shortly thereafter, the portal towns were imported into the wilderness. Shortly again, server wipe for 1.7.

New map, new mods (Towny and iconomy), new possibilities. Veteran players returned to build new and official towns. To escape the griefers, I ventured far west of spawn tower and dug a giant waterfall hole in the middle of the ocean. This project took an immense amount of time. By the time I finished, 1.8 was around the corner. All the while, I started becoming active on the forums and got to know the awesome members of T9k.

Biodome party (which I couldn't get online to attend).

On the forums, I was invited by the former members of Shinobi-shi (former former Shudo Village) to join the planning of their next Japanese-themed town after main server updates again.

The survival and creative test servers came around. I played around in the creative server, testing redstone creations and tnt cannons with Xraptor that I couldn't do in the survival server. While waiting for the original minecraft server to update, I started building in the creative server and ranked up to Builder.

When the 1.9 prereleases came about I started going on the survival test server more often. I started looking for an active community, and was offered shelter by a ministry in the outskirts of Melonopolis. In return, I was to be their "scientist." When the leader of this community (I forgot who) started coming on less, I hung out with Shooter and Xraptor near his secret base in the mountains far beyond Petra. When raptor started coming on less, I moved back into the nearly abandoned ministry (save 1 or 2 members) and built my laboratory and a melon farm underneath. Flashflame and a buddy of his built a basic shack nearby.

The ministry was completely abandoned, so I started looking for another active community. I venture 7k blocks to join scottc, baconjim, and redhaze of Terraville, where I built my current domicile and continued to play to this day. While there, I expanded the sugar cane farm, learned up on the basics of enchanting and brewing and built a facility dedicated to such activities, and am currently making a mob tower.

That's my history with T9k.

TL;DR?

-Joined Waffleville
-Visited Mebville, Hobotown, Shudo Village
-Broke from Waffleville, built on my own
-Joined T9k forums
-Server wipe for 1.7
-Dug a giant waterfall hole
-Fooled around in 1.8 creative test server
-Built on classic, rank up to Builder
-Searched for active community on 1.9 prerelease test server
-Joined Terraville

Oops, I have a typo. Paragraph 10, when I talk about ranking up to Builder, that was for the classic server, not the creative server. :derp:

And thanks for the free compliment Xraptor. It's fun to play with you. :)

Nice story. I will probably won't be able to get minecraft. I will have to wait until its release date in november.

Yeah, I can understand if you didn't bother to read it all. This turned out to be longer than even I thought it would be.
Cookies for those who read the entire thing though. :biggrin:

Back