Need computer help

xHallucinationx

So recently I was playing MineCraft with my friend, so I decided to check what was up with YouTube and check my subscriptions. So I open Google chrome, and BAM! My computer froze. I didn't know what to do, because it was frozen, so I hit the power button in hopes of fixing my crazy situation. I start it up, and it tells me tons of things I've never heard of before and stating files that I had open at the time of the freeze. I finished this index disk thing it said it was, going through like a billion files I never knew I had, and it was done. It did my lame Vista startup and everything, I signed into my account, and my computer goes dickhead kamakazie. It says system startup repair and it took nearly an hour to do. After it was done, it said it could not repair the damaged file on the disk that caused it to to derp. So I left it at the tell Microsoft about your problem, or close. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO? It can't do anything now so I had to post this from my windows phone. Anyways, what happened, and what do I do about it?

Insert disk you used to install windows. Click repair. ??? Profit!
Doesn't work? Find a way to backup all your files, then reformat.
Can't backup the files? Carefully reinstall windows over the same drive WITHOUT FORMATTING (be sure not to format). You'll still have to reinstall your programs.

Protips:
1. DO NOT USE SYSTEM RESTORE
A lot of people will tell you to do this. They do not know what they are talking about.

2. That's about it.

Back