Need Help - Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

PuRe2K12

Hey I'm getting annoyed using my standard keyboard so I wanted to get a nicer backlit keyboard. So I decided on getting a gaming one since I have a gaming PC.

Wh en it comes to keyboards I like the chiclet style flat keys for typing that macs use. So I found a razer keyboard like that which is Razer Deathstalker Expert

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathSt...rds=razer+deathstalker+expert+gaming+keyboard

Since I was upgrading my keyboard I figured i could use a mouse upgrade too since I'm using a wireless logitech mini mouse thing

For gaming mice I can't choose between Razer Abyssus and Razer Taipan

Abyssus is $30 and Taipan is $60

I don't need the extra buttons the taipan has but if the mouse will perform and feel better and last longer I'll spring for the extra 30

I need suggestions on the mouse

Abyssus
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Abyssus...F8&qid=1383244905&sr=8-3&keywords=razer+mouse

Taipan
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Taipan-...F8&qid=1383244905&sr=8-9&keywords=razer+mouse

Things to consider
-I dont play online because of my internet
-Strictly casual play
-I do like that the taipan matches the keyboard (not required )

Any help picking a mouse and feedback on the keyboard would be appreciated

While I think Razer are great, you could always go for a Logitech mouse.
Logitech gear is pretty good, as is Steelseries stuff.

The Taipan is a fantastic mouse and I recommend you get it. When I was getting a mouse it was either a Taipan or an Imperator (I got the more expensive Imperator, but the Taipan is good).

I bought this mouse off of amazon about 4ish months ago and I've used it every day since and I have only positive things to say about it. This is coming from someone who plays Dota 2 very often. The reasons I wanted it was mostly because I wanted extra mouse buttons for hotkeys, and partially because it looks awesome. In all honesty, the side buttons are a little awkward to use, but maybe it's just because I'm not use to them. And you said you wouldn't need them anyways, and they certainly don't get in the way.

It feels very nice and is very sturdy, despite its incredibly low price it doesn't feel cheaply made. It also has a button that allows you to change the sensitivity of your mouse with the tap of a button. The other reviews say similar things. I will say that it is a USB mouse. So if you want a wireless this won't work for you. I just use a standard logitec keyboard, so I don't have anything to say about those.

Hey I'm getting annoyed using my standard keyboard so I wanted to get a nicer backlit keyboard. So I decided on getting a gaming one since I have a gaming PC.

Wh en it comes to keyboards I like the chiclet style flat keys for typing that macs use. So I found a razer keyboard like that which is Razer Deathstalker Expert

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathSt...rds=razer+deathstalker+expert+gaming+keyboard

Since I was upgrading my keyboard I figured i could use a mouse upgrade too since I'm using a wireless logitech mini mouse thing

For gaming mice I can't choose between Razer Abyssus and Razer Taipan

Abyssus is $30 and Taipan is $60

I don't need the extra buttons the taipan has but if the mouse will perform and feel better and last longer I'll spring for the extra 30

I need suggestions on the mouse

Abyssus
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Abyssus...F8&qid=1383244905&sr=8-3&keywords=razer+mouse

Taipan
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Taipan-...F8&qid=1383244905&sr=8-9&keywords=razer+mouse

Things to consider
-I dont play online because of my internet
-Strictly casual play
-I do like that the taipan matches the keyboard (not required )

Any help picking a mouse and feedback on the keyboard would be appreciated
Does is really matter what brand the mouse is?

There's some great gaming mice that have what you want in the middle of the price range you're looking for, and they can have those "buttons" you want.

I've recently bought a thermal take mouse that I'm very happy with. I treat it like luxury, really, because it's just that damn good. Something like this could meet you half way on pricing and what you want in a mouse.
Also, Anker makes some pretty damn good mice as well. And if you really don't care about anything but the performance of your mouse, then this should be perfect for you. 8000 dpi and 9 programmable buttons is a swindle for what you're looking for.

Lastly, if you want something both aesthetically and functionally good, go for a R.A.T. by Mad Catz. I don't really like Mad Catz, but I absolutely love the design and feel of this line of mice they make. Totally worth the price imho, if you've got the cash for some of the more expensive ones. ($>60~)

Steelseries Sensei [Raw]

Its a little pricey, probably around 100 bucks but it feels good and I like it. Before the Sensei I was using the Razer Mamba for more than 2 years and that one was pretty damn good too. But, again, the Mamba is pretty fucking expensive and will probably set you back over 150 bucks.

Does is really matter what brand the mouse is?

There's some great gaming mice that have what you want in the middle of the price range you're looking for, and they can have those "buttons" you want.

I've recently bought a thermal take mouse that I'm very happy with. I treat it like luxury, really, because it's just that damn good. Something like this could meet you half way on pricing and what you want in a mouse.
Also, Anker makes some pretty damn good mice as well. And if you really don't care about anything but the performance of your mouse, then this should be perfect for you. 8000 dpi and 9 programmable buttons is a swindle for what you're looking for.

Lastly, if you want something both aesthetically and functionally good, go for a R.A.T. by Mad Catz. I don't really like Mad Catz, but I absolutely love the design and feel of this line of mice they make. Totally worth the price imho, if you've got the cash for some of the more expensive ones. ($>60~)

I never once said the brand mattered I just said those are what I was considering, in fact that's why I made this topic to get more information

I never once said the brand mattered I just said those are what I was considering, in fact that's why I made this topic to get more information
Sorry. Just assumed that it did, since Razer tends to be a type of company where aesthetics and price don't match up with what you're getting.
But in any other way, you might find some decent stuff with Razer. Just because the only thing they do give worth the dosh is the build quality. Everything they make isn't bad to the boil of it. It just isn't worth the high prices you're paying.

I would say if you're a gamer get naga and blackwidow but considering your other keyboard is similar in the flat style to the Deathstalker that would be a good one. And the Taipan is like a naga without the keybinds. I prefer razer with my Razer Naga™ Mouse and my Razer Blackwidow™ Keyboard and also my Razer Blackshark™ Headphones, now if you'll excuse me my check from Razer just came in the mail.

Gotta be honest with u, I used to be a Razer fanboy. But after 5 too many of their products failing on me, I've given up on them.

Blackwidow keyboard -> Non-responsive keys/Dead
Imperator Mouse -> Dead
Original Deathadder Mouse -> Dead
Megalodon Headphones -> Dead
Lycrosa Keyboard -> Non-responsive keys/Dead
Arctosa Keyboard -> Non-responsive keys/Dead

Probably a couple mice i left out but you can't fault me for not giving them a chance, I gave them way more chances than I should have. Spent hundreds if not over a thousand bucks on Razer already. Transitioning into Steel Series now. The only Razer product that has yet to malfunction for me is the Goliathus mouse mat lol.

Back