Need IP adrees for beta

I know it's not good, and on the whole part, I try and be nice, but I love being mean to noobs. Juss' sayin'.

8-digit: 1: mcs. 2: te 3: a 4: m 5: 9 6: 0 7: 00 8: .net. So, and now the whole thing in hexadecimal and we have it :trollface: (I bet there is a freak out there who relly converts it :sackboy:

I'm really glad Team 9000 has an easy to remember IP, some are lazy and have a random string of numbers like 12.3457.2460. I don't know why they wouldn't just use words instead of numbers.
I know it's not good, and on the whole part, I try and be nice, but I love being mean to noobs. Juss' sayin'.
True.

I'm really glad Team 9000 has an easy to remember IP, some are lazy and have a random string of numbers like 12.3457.2460. I don't know why they wouldn't just use words instead of numbers.

You have to have some form of DNS service to use "words instead of numbers".

Also IP addresses seem like random numbers but they are 4 sets of numbers ranging from 0 to 255. You normally don't get to choose this number, your ISP does it for you so the chances of a public IP address being easy to remember is slim.

You have to have some form of DNS service to use "words instead of numbers".

Also IP addresses seem like random numbers but they are 4 sets of numbers ranging from 0 to 255. You normally don't get to choose this number, your ISP does it for you so the chances of a public IP address being easy to remember is slim.
Sadly, 127.0.0.0 doesn't work... D:

yeah, still 127.0.0.0 is Localhost. 100% sure, if you have a Minecraft Server on and running on your computer, you can either type 'localhost' or '127.0.0.0' because it's the same :)

127.0.0.0 is usually not localhost. Newer versions of windows bind pretty much every address on the 127.0.0.x subnet... except that one. It's a pretty common standard to reserve the first address in a subnet (in this case, the .0) as an identifier for the subnet --- it's not assigned to anything.

Look at a loopback as a virtual cable that is connected to your computer that "loops back" and connects right back to it. If you want to call it localhost that fine, but according to the IANA the block of IP addresses is reserved for loopbacks.

127.0.0.0 is usually not localhost. Newer versions of windows bind pretty much every address on the 127.0.0.x subnet... except that one. It's a pretty common standard to reserve the first address in a subnet (in this case, the .0) as an identifier for the subnet --- it's not assigned to anything.
Okay? So, if I have a Minecraft Server running on my computer, I could use 127.0.0.x? Just everything? Or what?

Back