• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

NetFlix review "Atari: Game Over"

RioDeal

The first time I actually saw this documentary, It was actually quite interesting and something that we should all see since we love gaming.
Atari was like our ancestor, its where gaming stared. And just because it had 2 bit graphic and a cheesey music didn't mean its over. Like Rambo say: NOTHING IS OVER! Seeing this documentary you will see Not only the story of Atari but a well known Video Game Designer and answers to a rumor about if its true about all of the old Atari 2600 game cartridges of "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" were tossed into a landfill in the 1980s.

I think everyone will enjoy this because you will see how one person can do so much. Why this Video Game Designer doesn't have Origins Award? Do you think if the rumor is true or false? what was the best Atari game made?Don't you think that in the history of gaming, there are crappy games? You name one crappy game! Well Anyway, just trying to keep the review simply but to the point. its a history that we should all know. add it to your Netflix Queue.

So next time you walk by a store and you see a Atari 2600. Remember this is where it all begin. And if you have one and don't want one. sell it on ebay so that a happy gamer will give it a good home.

achievement.gif

atari-game-over-600x369.jpg

@NewspaperCrane thanks for the spoiler dude, but I preferred that you watched it instead. And yes they did but its not the point. there is more to see!

Name one crappy game? Test Drive Unlimited 2. Glitchy, crashed all the time, physics were completely broken, servers always going down... I can keep going on. They didn't listen to their alpha testers (I was one of them) or their beta testers and just pushed the game out regardless. Funny enough, the game was made by Atari. Made in 2011.

Back