• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Nether Portal Glitch

SvenBoogie

Wasn't sure where to post this but went with here since this seems to be the only active sub-forum these days. If needed, please move it to the appropriate section.

Twice now I've experienced a glitch when creating a nether portal that has proven nearly fatal.

When building a portal in the nether and going through, I've been spat out high in the air in the overworld, with no portal of any kind, and simply fallen to the ground. The only reason I was able to survive was feather falling boots. This was well past any protected areas so that isn't the issue. I'd be happy to provide details as needed.

I...huh....wat.

Can you make it happen? I can't fix a bug I don't know how to recreate.

I know, it sounds pretty weird, huh! I'm pretty sure ablisa said he got killed by this glitch. I'm not sure if he created a portal or just went through an existing one, but if it was the latter case it could have been one of the ones Sven created (half of) because I think he went in the same area Sven was, and in that case possibly anyone who goes through that same portal will suffer the same fate?

Sorry hadn't checked on this thread in a while, I have a screenshot saved with the exact coords of one of the portals I created that had this problem if the coords would help. As I mentioned, I've run into this issue twice now.

Sorry hadn't checked on this thread in a while, I have a screenshot saved with the exact coords of one of the portals I created that had this problem if the coords would help. As I mentioned, I've run into this issue twice now.
Yes please.

Back