News Sources

NewspaperCrane

I'd like to think that most of you don't get the majority of your news from Team9000 (because your world view would be sadly behind, and microscopic in scope), so where do you get your news?

I'm a daily reader of Slashdot, and Daily tech. I also tend to watch WGN news in the morning.

I've been reading Dailytech for probably 10 years now. And while it's horribly, horribly slanted against things like apple, I like it, because most of the slanting I agree with. Whether or not this has come to me over years of reading it I have no idea, all I know is that I have a passionate hatred for everything with an Apple logo on it, and believe that Jason Mick is the best article writer ever. One of the most fun things about DT is the comments section. There are actually recurring trolls which always take like a pro apple, or pro android stance (Most of the people are pro android anyways, so it doesn't really count as trolling I don't think). Kind of like t9k in that way.

Over the past couple of years I've been taking to reading Slashdot... which has the tagline "News for Nerds: Stuff That Matters" This is very true. It IS stuff that matters. From Quantum physics, to AMD's new architecture (which won't be out until 2014... grrr) it's all there. And it's fast. I'm not sure it's so much a news source as a news aggregation. That is users write a paragraph blurb, and then link to the article somewhere else. I think the best thing about /. is how fast the articles come up. Today's /. news is tomorrow's daily tech news. If it's important enough it'll hit the major news sources a week later.

I think it goes beyond just gaming news brah.

I subscribed to RT and Al Jazeera on youtube. I always find RT pandering on how bad the US is doing whilst never actually making stories on Russian Economy. I guess its cuz they love America and are in a very complicated relationship.

RT really hates evil bankers, bank fraud, money laundering, corruption, technical terms and financial winfoollery.

I actually have a few rss feeds directing to my outlook email at work. I also just troll across technet, cracked.com, ted talks, gameinformer, and several other tech forums and pick up information as it is presented. also the random CPU magazine that compusa offers for free is a wealth of cool stuff.

The only ways I get my news is from either the bbc or cnn.
mostly I just wake up and watch gmt.
I apologize if this sounds stupid.

As far as gaming news goes, I get my news from gametrailers.com and a variety of channels on youtube.

As far as actual news, it's typically from Fox News. *Waits for rage*

For actual news, mainly AJE (Al Jazeera English) and CNN, though I've found CNN to be annoyingly hypocritical at times.

Once in awhile, I'll also check BBC, RT, and CCTV.

Back