Nintendo's Next Console

moondoggy23

IGN.com published an article on their website with some more details regarding the next console being developed by Nintendo. Though none of this information has been confirmed officially by Nintendo, the way the article speaks of this information, it seems pretty solid. Here's a brief run-down of the specs in the article:

Price: $350-$400, but could be less if Nintendo is willing to sacrifice profit margins to entice more buyers.

CPU: Talk is the new console will use a "revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture." The article goes on further to say that the CPU would have the ability to outperform Playstation 3's processor. The system will also support 1080p and stereoscopic 3D.

Looks: Rumors are the system will be about the same size as the original Xbox360, and that it may look like a streamlined version of the SNES.

Controllers: The controllers will have built-in touchscreens that can be utilized in-game, with the potential to stream games to the controllers themselves, maybe even make each controller a "virtualized console." To me, they sound like revamped Dreamcast controllers, which were cool then, and are still cool now.

Console's Name (possibly): Stream.

These are all rumors, as stated earlier, but we all know how much the video game industry will have information "leaked" to help drum up buzz and get people interested in the next big thing. For me, the price suggested is high, but a new 360 with Kinect and a harddrive larger than 4GB costs about the same, so it doesn't seem too be too big of a sticker shock for a brand new console. It just sucks that it would seem Nintendo won't be able to keep their traditional console price point ~$200-250. I am SO GLAD that the new console will be better than current gen consoles. I honestly was concerned when rumors first came out of a "Wii 2" that it'd just be a Wii that can support HD, but not much more than that in terms of processing or anything. Oh, and a revamped SNES console? I'm sold.

The battery in my VMU is dead... and it makes me a sad panda.s

I could replace the battery, but I'm not sure which one to buy, and you can't exactly go into home depot and ask for a battery for a dreamcast vmu.

This joke doesn't work if you realize that I have the internet, and could easily look it up.

Great.... eventually everyone will be raging over whether the PS3, 360 or this thing.

If there was just one console to end all consoles. A console that supports every game ever made, easy to use internet access. Keyboard + mouse function for all FPS games, etc.

Will this be the one console to rule all of middle earth?

If there was just one console to end all consoles. A console that supports every game ever made, easy to use internet access. Keyboard + mouse function for all FPS games, etc.
There already is, we call it a PC. Just load it up with your favorite emulator and voilah, you can play your favorite games of yesteryears. Now PS3/360 emulation, not so much as of yet :)

There already is, we call it a PC. Just load it up with your favorite emulator and voilah, you can play your favorite games of yesteryears. Now PS3/360 emulation, not so much as of yet :)

PS3 / 360 emulation will never come.

IGN.com published an article on their website with some more details regarding the next console being developed by Nintendo. Though none of this information has been confirmed officially by Nintendo, the way the article speaks of this information, it seems pretty solid. Here's a brief run-down of the specs in the article:

Price: $350-$400, but could be less if Nintendo is willing to sacrifice profit margins to entice more buyers.

CPU: Talk is the new console will use a "revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture." The article goes on further to say that the CPU would have the ability to outperform Playstation 3's processor. The system will also support 1080p and stereoscopic 3D.

Looks: Rumors are the system will be about the same size as the original Xbox360, and that it may look like a streamlined version of the SNES.

Controllers: The controllers will have built-in touchscreens that can be utilized in-game, with the potential to stream games to the controllers themselves, maybe even make each controller a "virtualized console." To me, they sound like revamped Dreamcast controllers, which were cool then, and are still cool now.

Console's Name (possibly): Stream.

These are all rumors, as stated earlier, but we all know how much the video game industry will have information "leaked" to help drum up buzz and get people interested in the next big thing. For me, the price suggested is high, but a new 360 with Kinect and a harddrive larger than 4GB costs about the same, so it doesn't seem too be too big of a sticker shock for a brand new console. It just sucks that it would seem Nintendo won't be able to keep their traditional console price point ~$200-250. I am SO GLAD that the new console will be better than current gen consoles. I honestly was concerned when rumors first came out of a "Wii 2" that it'd just be a Wii that can support HD, but not much more than that in terms of processing or anything. Oh, and a revamped SNES console? I'm sold.
Machinima sayed Wii 2.0 :duke:

Machinima sayed Wii 2.0 :duke:
"Sayed" You made your point invalid.

I'm thinking.... Wiiii. It's got a ring to it. Also I've seen on kotaku that it could possibly support Wii controllers in addition to that new screened beast of a controller.

"Sayed" You made your point invalid.

I'm thinking.... Wiiii. It's got a ring to it. Also I've seen on kotaku that it could possibly support Wii controllers in addition to that new screened beast of a controller.

That's a terrible name for a new console. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that your opinion matters and has any competition with someone of my stature.

I won the other game.
I'm a squirrel. Besides that, I like that nintendo is pushing forward

Back