Not With a Bang, but With a Whisper

NewspaperCrane

Well, it's come to this team9000. I look around here every day, and I see a shadow of the former community that was here. I notice that I'm still checking here every day, even though I hardly interact with anyone here. Even though I still totally interact with people from here. Come to think of it most of those people I new before team9000 was here. Either way, I spent a lot of time here. Times of happiness, times of anger, times of grieving, times of sadness, times of nerd rage, times of regular rage, times of happy, times of shitpost, times of sad, times of good, times of bad, times of being mad about ponies, times of not giving a fuck about ponies, times of launch, times of the end of launch, times of when this place was a blog and finally times of people writing introspective about how much this place used to mean to them and that they're leaving.

Let's face it, there isn't much here to leave. So I release all of you unto the world. Go forth, provide shenanigans for humanity! Gaming until your eyes bleed, troll people for no reason, and most of all don't live times which have past. The people that you want to talk to from here... find them. Talk to them. Don't let those friendships slip away, because for many of us the friends we found here were real and genuine.. probably moreso than the ones we found in the world around us.

Many of us used team9000 to get through a specific time in our life. For me it was my college years and to deal with the death of my father. For others it was for other things. But now those times have passed, and we must move on, or not, really it's whatever.

This hits close and true, although this community is but a shell of what it once was, and as bitter as it might sound, I feel like this place is one of the most important things, that have happened to me, and I will never forget it. The people that I met here helped me grow in to the man I am now, and I hope I've helped some of you too.
Rock on my lovely little lemon drops!

That was a really good way of putting it. For me, I began my run on team9000 my freshman-sophomore year of highschool. Lots of very fond memories came from this place during my absolutely most hated times in school. 2 years into college now and a glimmer of what team9000 was, I don't feel weighed down by adolescence anymore (turned 20 woo). It's refreshing and it feels like a new start. T9k was very fun and I hope to recreate a similar feeling in the future someday for other people who were like me.

Back