One Calendar to Rule Them All

moondoggy23

So two guys have developed a calendar that would essentially eliminate the need for new calendars every year. They have adopted a calendar system where every year the same date would fall on the same day. For example, Christmas would always be on a Sunday and New Year's Eve would be on a Saturday. This article explains the idea in more detail. The calendar would be a 364 day calendar with 30-day months and a 31-day month every third month, the leap year would be no more and there would still be seven-day weeks, which would still be in keeping with The Fourth Commandment (in regards to the sabbath day).

Personally, I'm in favor of this. It would make planning trips/vacations/events much more easy. Calculating dividends on stocks, bonds, regular deposit accounts would be much more simple, and it would make conducting business meetings and/or functions much easier since every office around the world would be on the same calendar.

sounds ok, but earth still would take 365 days to go around its orbit. mine 2 days, eventually the world will be fucked. winter and summer and vise versa?

sounds ok, but earth still would take 365 days to go around its orbit. mine 2 days, eventually the world will be fucked. winter and summer and vise versa?

First thing I thought of. The article mentions leap "weeks" every four to five years.

This would be very useful, and simplify the whole system a lot. Although I highly doubt they'll put it into action, it seems way to large and would take awhile for transitioning from A to B.

First thing I thought of. The article mentions leap "weeks" every four to five years.

Yeah, they did kind of breeze right by that caveat didn't they? From what I've read, that would seem to be the only, but rather large issue that many people would not like.

I like the idea. There would be no need to reprint new calendars every year. I'd be seeing the same 12 wimminz over and over again.. like forever.

Fuck_Yea_in_HD_by_CrusierPL_RE_Sharenator_is_Growing-s900x773-120811.png

Back