Pax East 2013: Button Contest

NewspaperCrane

NOTICE! This contest has been extended through Sunday March 3rd at 6PM Central time. Get your last minute entries in people! Monday evening I'll announce a winner, and then ordering will be open.

Alright Kiddo's,

It's almost that time again, and I've been granted a license by our fearless leader to print Buttons for Team9000 this year. I've also been granted a license to print Team9000 thongs, but since I can't find a good website to print more than one color on a thong (if you find one... let me know).

Since I don't have very good photoshoppy skills, I'm going to count on you guys to come up with designs for me. We're going to be printing 2.25" buttons... for those of you using the metric system that's probably like 3 meters or something, I don't know, do I look like a ruler? Anyways, if you're decent with photoshop and want to give it a try, There's something in it for you.

There will be three rewards to choose from for the winner:

1.) $10 worth of the buttons, or $10 off of your button order if you choose to purchase more than that (Quantity is variable based on the total number we wind up ordering, but that's in the ballpark of 35-40)

2.) $10 in Steam/Amazon/Somethingelse credit that can be easily purchased online.

3.) The Mystery Box (Not available for shipping internationally, and I reserve the right to give it to you at PAX if you're going) This will include a couple of the buttons, as well as several other epic things...

So, here's what you need for this:

Here is the Template for the buttons from the site we're ordering from.

I've also taken the liberty of begging Ollee for a few hi res Team9000 logos for use with this:

The Fine print:
  • All Designs should include the Team9000 logo and the year ("2013" for the calendar Deficient)
  • The Team9000 logo must stay unmodified, you can resize it, but don't italicize it or anything of that nature
  • Must include our URL (As part of the logo or otherwise)
  • Make sure any images you use are kosher copy write-wise (If you're not sure if you should use it, it's probably fair to say that you shouldn't.)
  • Keep in mind that this represents us as a Community, not just as minecrafters or bronies, or any single fandom inside of team9000
  • You should probably be 18 or older to receive prizes one or three, because frankly I don't wan't any of you children's addresses. IF you're under 18 and really want some buttons, we could probably figure something out.
  • The Deadline for this will be February 31 2013, or since I've just been informed that there are only 28 days in February this year (and apparently most years), that will be the deadline. Either way, it'll be the last day of February 2013.
  • Prizes, and inevitably buttons, will probably be shipped out post PAX, or given to you at PAX East if you're going
  • Wooty still has the right to veto any designs we choose.
  • Bracabrad better buy some damn buttons.

Please post your designs here, preferably using the template as that'll make things easier to get them actually printed, and keep in mind the scale (2.25 inches), so don't use any super small text or anything.

Also, if you're interested in purchasing buttons please let me know the quantity which you'd like to order. The price is going to be about $0.275 each, as I'd like to purchase at least 500. If you want buttons and aren't coming to PAX you'll have to pay the shipping. I'm going to use the actual USPS rate from my location in Chicago.

If you have any other questions, Please let me know.

If I happen to be able to acquire a proof of a T9k 2013 thong underwear, in full multi-colored glory, would I be eligible for one of the above?

If I happen to be able to acquire a proof of a T9k 2013 thong underwear, in full multi-colored glory, would I be eligible for one of the above?
I mean... if it's creative enough and not just you slapping the team9000 logo onto a thong... sure. But I still need button designs.

I mean... if it's creative enough and not just you slapping the team9000 logo onto a thong... sure. But I still need button designs.
I could acquire them with any one design. I won't want to do more than one design option, since an initial proof of concept is relatively expensive. I'd also need to know if thongs or g-string thongs are preferred, and whether to have them screen-printed or embroidered.

EDIT: It also makes it easier to use a vector design; so if a design is chosen, it would be preferred to have a vectorized ai, eps, psd, or pdf version of it. However, this isn't necessary, just preferred.

Is it limited to just photoshop, or can we use GIMP (not that I am making a button, which I'm not)?

EDIT: Also, for #1, you could drop $10 into a minor's paypal account, provided they have one.

Is it limited to just photoshop, or can we use GIMP (not that I am making a button, which I'm not)?

EDIT: Also, for #1, you could drop $10 into a minor's paypal account, provided they have one.
Photoshop, paint, I dont really care.

I'm going to say no to just PayPal money. I'm limiting this to gift cards.

I could acquire them with any one design. I won't want to do more than one design option, since an initial proof of concept is relatively expensive. I'd also need to know if thongs or g-string thongs are preferred, and whether to have them screen-printed or embroidered.

EDIT: It also makes it easier to use a vector design; so if a design is chosen, it would be preferred to have a vectorized ai, eps, psd, or pdf version of it. However, this isn't necessary, just preferred.
If you're going to put that much effort into it, I am much more serious about getting buttons printed... We aren't exactly in the right demographic here to be selling thongs.

EDIT: To be more clear, you're much more likely to win with a but to design, as that's what's going to be made.

As the T9k logo has to be included, do you have a link to appropriate/approved logo files?

Oh. I see. Can you format the OP to be more readable. It's kinda hard to follow as is.

Nevermind then.

Can't I just use the charm & dogtag designs I made like 2 years ago? ;b They weren't widely distributed or sold, but they were awesome.

I'm just waiting to see a design that I like. Regardless of whether or not y'all want some too, I'm ordering myself a T9k thong.

Back