PAX East 2014 - Discussion

My parents are kinda Anti-T9K :confused:

That's it kind of odd. My mother has no issue with me meeting people online. She took me to meet a bunch of guild members from Asheron's Call. And I've met people from World of Warcraft. Your parents seem rather closed or something. That kind of sucks for you that they won't let me meet awesomely cool people.

I'm planning to go to every PAXEast event. The goal is to set aside 3-4 k (1.5-2K per person) in money and show up. Most of my cash goes into travel, hotel, food. the other is stuff purchased at Pax.

Beware that Team9000 doesn't allow anyone under 18 into the hotel block or food events.
Woah! So i'd actually qualify for eating if i was going :eek:
anyways, expect me in 3 years or so, cause of pesky US drinking age laws n stuff, i mean i might come sooner, but getting wasted with pixie is a must, and if wooty doesn't allow, can't happen D;

*revival!*

so, around what time did the tickets go on sale last year ? maybe we can predict around what couple of weeks they'll be on sale and prep accordingly?

I will undoubtedly be going for a third year in a row. Would like to know when these are available.

I think they went on sale in Dec last year. I know a lot of people are watching the site, and I am probably wrong but I think woot has something pinging something or another. I don't know, but I think he has something real computery going on there. If I can get to it, I plan on buying a handful of tickets because I know everyone will be looking for them. Just stay current with T9k around that time and I am sure you will here about it.

Tickets for PAX East 2013 went on sale on Monday, October 8, 2012, 165 days before the event. If this year follows the same pattern, tickets will go on sale Monday, October 28, 2013, 166 days before the event. Look for them anywhere around that time, and watch this thread for any news relating to them.

I think they went on sale in Dec last year. I know a lot of people are watching the site, and I am probably wrong but I think woot has something pinging something or another. I don't know, but I think he has something real computery going on there. If I can get to it, I plan on buying a handful of tickets because I know everyone will be looking for them. Just stay current with T9k around that time and I am sure you will here about it.
Buy me a plane ticket too pls

Screw it, I'll just wait until Rileyper gives me a phone call saying "Buy now fool!" Course my plans are kinda up in the air about attending 2014 due to other sucky budget issues (get your wisdom teeth out when you have insurance young ones...)

I'm planning on going. I tried looking into hotel rooms for the supposed dates of PAX East at the hotel the convention center is right next to, but the dates are blocked off online. I would like my own room this year, or maybe go in with 1-2 other people for a room, depending on availability and prices. If I remember right, tickets and rooms went quickly last year.

I recommend everyone buys a ticket even if they are almost certain they can't go because if they can, it will be well worth the money and if they can't, they will be able to easily sell them to another T9k member for equal value or for more on Ebay.

As for hotels, I stayed at the 40 Berkeley last year which costed around $45 for 2 twin beds, no TV, crappy internet, a lamp, amazing unlimited free breakfast, and a shared bathroom. If you don't mind not doing anything there but eating and sleeping then it was perfect. If you are insane enough for some unknown reason to stay in your hotel room while PAX is going on then you will hate it.

EDIT: It was around a 20 minute casual walk from the hotel to the nearest PAX shuttle. So just a warning if someone is planning on staying there. Also even though I'm just a peppermint fetus, can I please get accepted into the PAX private discussion this year? I was pretty upset that I was only able to meet a couple T9kers by chance on the last day.

Back