Pazaak

bbgunshot

For those of you who don't know, Pazaak is a card game from the Knights of the Old Republic series. Its rules are a mix of poker and blackjack. It's happens to be my favorite card game and that I've spent much time on in the KOTORs. I tell you this because there's an online version of this where you can play against each other here. A username isn't necessary since few people ever use it, just play as a guest.

The KOTOR games have a much greater varaiety of cards than in this version. But it doesn't detract to much from the experience, especially if you haven't played the games before. Anyways, the rules are as follows...

First, you select your sidedeck. This will consist of cards that give either a positive or negative impact on your overall score. Every game, 4 random cards will be chosen from your sidedeck to be used in this match. You must use your cards sparingly, for they must last you all 3 rounds of the game. Each turn you will receive a random number between 1-10. You want your total score to get as close to or at, but not exceeding in, 21 points. You have the ability to use 1 of your cards per turn, but I suggest waiting until it is necessary, or advantageous for you. You also have the ability to freeze your turns, and prevent yourself from gaining anymore points this round. However, if your opponent gets closer to 21 during this time then he/she still wins. Oh, and if the cards you receive automatically exceed the amount allowed that round before reaching 21, then you win. But that rarely happens.

This person gives many examples and a lot of gameplay of pazaak just to show you.

It's not very hard, and if your familiar with even just a few card games you will pick this up quite easily. I may consider hosting tournaments if you guys are interested. But for now, I'd like to see how you guys like Pazaak. If anyone wants to play me, then just say so and we'll set up a time for the match.

Now get out there gamblers. You can't hang onto your credits forever :D.

Back