Planetside 2 Discussion

To be honest, they're all scumbags: Vanu Sovereignity- Elitists, New Conglomerate- Terrorists, Terran Republic- Nazis. Other than that I'm stuck between Vanu and NC.

I also caught a couple of keys off twitter for me and my bro, so we'll be getting into the beta with the second or third wave which I hope is next week.

Can't wait to pilot my own Galaxy :D

Also here are some ~forbidden~ pics from the tech test I found on the internet:
tech18.jpg

tech20.jpg

tech19.jpg

tech23.jpg

I've got some expectations for this game, it looks like it could be fun (especially playing with a bunch of you guys). My concern is that others games of this srot of nature (persistent world map-thingy) is difficult for casual gamers to get into and enjoy. I've played games of a similar set-up before, and found that I would need to log in and play at least twice a week for about an hour to stay up-to-date with the goings-on in the game and stay somewhat at the same skill level as everyone else. That's just my personal experience, however, and it could be different for this game.

I've got some expectations for this game, it looks like it could be fun (especially playing with a bunch of you guys). My concern is that others games of this srot of nature (persistent world map-thingy) is difficult for casual gamers to get into and enjoy. I've played games of a similar set-up before, and found that I would need to log in and play at least twice a week for about an hour to stay up-to-date with the goings-on in the game and stay somewhat at the same skill level as everyone else. That's just my personal experience, however, and it could be different for this game.
It's a shooter, there isn't that much to mastering it as other open world things. You could always jump into a battle without any background info. Also, it's pretty early to say how much you need to "keep up" to do anything, I would recommend trying the beta, the open beta one if you don't get into closed. Also, it's free, so nothing requires you to play it like a subscription model would.

I didn't quite read into it too much, but from what I can gather, you can change your class and skills at any time. Not sure if by doing this you reset your character, but that could fix the problem if it did.

Oh, everyone else, the beta test right now is for anyone who still has a paid sub for planetside 1. Beta keys get you in within 3 weeks and non-key after that.

Everyone with a key is now in the beta.

This game is actually amazing. I've played it, and as far as the NDA goes, I can say that it's definitely worth it. Definitely.

It still lacks a lot of the final features, and theres no gun variety as of yet though.

Well, I want to make a gamenight for this, and get people interested. I figure we make a Team9000 outfit (clan/faction/guild/whatever you want to call it) and if enough people have fun with it, we can get an actual team going and play as a properly structured unit that works together. Let me all know what you think, because this game is a lot of fun and has a lot of potential. I was thinking about making the gamenight this Sunday, around noon central time. Let me know what you guys think, especially about the gamenight time and day.

I'm just wondering, how could a game possibly need 4gb of RAM minimum?
Trust me, it doesn't. My $400 build can run the game just fine.

Well, I want to make a gamenight for this, and get people interested. I figure we make a Team9000 outfit (clan/faction/guild/whatever you want to call it) and if enough people have fun with it, we can get an actual team going and play as a properly structured unit that works together. Let me all know what you think, because this game is a lot of fun and has a lot of potential. I was thinking about making the gamenight this Sunday, around noon central time. Let me know what you guys think, especially about the gamenight time and day.
Sounds good. I, sadly, won't be able to play though.

Ok, so I created a Team9000 outfit in the US East Jaeger server as VS. Not sure if that spans other servers just that one, but if you are interested in joining, shoot me a message on the website and I will add you.

So 2 questions:
1)I can run TF2 fine; Will Planetside 2 be just as ok?
2)What "race" or "guild" or whatever is everyone? Terran? Vanu? Wat.

Bah, my computer almost surly can't run this game. Disappoints me. I would have liked to try it out.

Back