• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Problem loging in to T9K 1.9 survival

ChrisWsrn

I just tried to log in to T9ks 1.9 Survival server and it returns:

"Failed to connect to the server"
"Unknown host 'survival.game9000.net'"

My client version is Beta 1.9 Prerelease with the original unmodified signed jar.
My JavaVM is the JavaSE Runtime Environment 64-bit for OSX 10.7

Can someone please tell me why this is happening and hopefully how to fix this.

Thanks.

Could it be the apostrophe you put right before the survival in 'survival.game9000.net ?

But I used survival.game9000.net

Can someone who can get it please post what they use. From Googleing I think the problem is that i am using the wrong URL or that the DNS server for game9000.net is down. If the second one is the case then others will be fine if survival.game9000.net is in their DNS cache.

Edit: I just ran some tests and have determined that I can not reach the game9000.net DNS server from my ISP (Centrylink). That means that the DNS server is down or game9000.net has been blacklisted by my ISP. I think a admin might want to look into this.

Try deleting all your minecraft files, then re-install them.
I tried that before my first post. Also other 1.9 servers are fine so I don't think it is on my end.

I still think it may be because game9000.net has no DNS server or because my ISP does not have game9000.net in its DNS server.

Does T9k SMP 1.9 have a alternative URL set up or a static IP?

I tried that before my first post. Also other 1.9 servers are fine so I don't think it is on my end.

I still think it may be because game9000.net has no DNS server or because my ISP does not have game9000.net in its DNS server.

Does T9k SMP 1.9 have a alternative URL set up or a static IP?
I have Century Link and it works totally fine. I blame your computer.

Could it be an antivirus blocking inbound connections from the server?

I can connect to other 1.9 servers.

I am running Mac OS X 10.7 so I CAN NOT get antivirus software (Without it being a virus or vulnerably anyway).

As far as a firewall I have checked to see if it is set correctly and it is.

Also my error massage is:
Failed to connect to the server
Unknown host 'survival.game9000.net'

Which after some research I determined that its DNS record is not available to my system.

I then checked if I could connect to game9000.net and it returned my ISPs "No such site" error. (This means that I can not get the DNS record for game9000.net)

Before I even started this thread I did multiple checks on my system and network and everything was fine.

The only problems I can think of at this point are on my ISPs end or on game9000.net end.

I am running Mac OS X 10.7 so I CAN NOT get antivirus software (Without it being a virus or vulnerably anyway).

Which after some research I determined that its DNS record is not available to my system.

I then checked if I could connect to game9000.net and it returned my ISPs "No such site" error. (This means that I can not get the DNS record for game9000.net)

Before I even started this thread I did multiple checks on my system and network and everything was fine.

The only problems I can think of are on my ISPs end or on game9000.net end.
I'm a mac, and I experience no problem...

The only problems I can think of at this point are on my ISPs end or on game9000.net end.

Are you on a school computer? (If you go to school?) They have blocking programs.

I tried to connect one time, didn't work for me on a school computer. So I played singleplayer instead of writing an essay.
We have this really annoying blocking software.

(There's always a way around it :whistle:)

I have Century Link and it works totally fine. I blame your computer.

I am in the Mid-Atlantic region. You might be connected to a different backbone router than I am. If u are also in the same region then you probably have the DNS record in your cache and the DNS record is no longer available OR their is a completely different problem outside my network.

My problems are on my personal home computer as of now.

I am a programer so my workstation at my company is on a DMZ so I don't have the problems associated with a managed network. I will test this problem tomorrow on my workstation.

I have determined that the problem is not on T9ks end.

I think the problem is my ISP or that i am using the wrong URL.

Please post the URL that you use to connect to the T9k 1.9 server.

Back