• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Problem with gif Avatars.

I'm also having he same issue, perhaps there's a set of requirements a GIF has to meet in order to move on the site, I dunno.

I'm also having he same issue, perhaps there's a set of requirements a GIF has to meet in order to move on the site, I dunno.
From what I've gathered the only requirements is it can't exceed a certain file size (and if it does it'll say there was an error and it won't upload). The problem now is gifs just simply don't load anymore, I've explained in a prior post that I tried using a gif that worked in the past that no longer works for some odd reason.

From what I've gathered the only requirements is it can't exceed a certain file size (and if it does it'll say there was an error and it won't upload). The problem now is gifs just simply don't load anymore, I've explained in a prior post that I tried using a gif that worked in the past that no longer works for some odd reason.
Wait, so no gifs that were added after a certain date will work, while those that were added before said date will continue to?

Wait, so no gifs that were added after a certain date will work, while those that were added before said date will continue to?
Not sure if that was what he meant...
Though ConceitedCupcake's threads have plenty of working gifs buried in them.

That's how it is apparently, its why people like HecticRapidz and Fdebijl still have gif avatars and people like you and me (if I were to switch my avatar to a gif right now) can't get them

If I recall, the animation will persist if the gif is either larger or smaller than a certain dimension. Try shrinking it with a separate program before uploading.

If I recall, the animation will persist if the gif is either larger or smaller than a certain dimension. Try shrinking it with a separate program before uploading.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll test it tonight.

After some tinkering around I can get it to animate when my profile page is being viewed but not when I'm posting on threads.
Here's the site I used

Back