• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Proposal for an /Arena2

mountainboy965

So the current arena is a beautiful display of rainbows and unicorns, and I mean that with the highest respect. I have been working on an alternative that displays a more darker side. I have attached images, and will upload the world file later today.

I would like to suggest that we add a command for /Arena2.

Of course, if doesn't have to be my arena. Other people are more than welcome to put forward their own arena as a suggestion.

Attachments

• 2014-11-25_00.56.21.png
    2014-11-25_00.56.21.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 2014-11-25_00.56.34.png
    2014-11-25_00.56.34.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 193
Could we have some death traps in this arena? As in, levers that open up lava pits or just generally change the layout.

+1 point if you make this happen.

Could we have some death traps in this arena? As in, levers that open up lava pits or just generally change the layout.

+1 point if you make this happen.
Maybe pistons that can be moved that flood portions of the map with lava? It could then be turned into "The floor is lava parkour" until someone hits the lever a second time and the lava recedes.

If anyone wants to mess around with the arena that you see in the first post, here is the world file-

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0y4o0snj8v29yvv/T9KArena.rar

Beware: When I was downloading the world, apparently it downloaded bits and parts of Serpents Pass, and may even a few other things. You only see these things if you go down to the bottom.

I'll work on another arena that adds in things like pistons/lava/levers, etc.

Question, would lava/redstone/pistons cause lag while in the arena?
Not if they're manual (i.e. not using a redstone clock). Piston lag is at it's worst when dealing with lighting - for example, a piston at the highest block in the world controlling a source of sunlight for a chunk below it will cause a fairly noticeable amount of lag (and a ban if it's attached to a redstone clock, since that combination could probably cripple the server).

I'm a bit concerned that having so many worlds might lag the server, but even so we could still put this arena in another part of the empty arena world.

Not if they're manual (i.e. not using a redstone clock). Piston lag is at it's worst when dealing with lighting - for example, a piston at the highest block in the world controlling a source of sunlight for a chunk below it will cause a fairly noticeable amount of lag (and a ban if it's attached to a redstone clock, since that combination could probably cripple the server).

I'm a bit concerned that having so many worlds might lag the server, but even so we could still put this arena in another part of the empty arena world.

Oh that makes sense. Good to know.

I think having a new arena in the same world will work just fine, especially since I know how draining on the server it can be to have so many extra worlds. One thing we may need to think about though, so people don't abuse the system to prevent themselves from dying-

When typing any of the /arena commands, they should have to die first before being able to go to a different arena.

Oh that makes sense. Good to know.

I think having a new arena in the same world will work just fine, especially since I know how draining on the server it can be to have so many extra worlds. One thing we may need to think about though, so people don't abuse the system to prevent themselves from dying-

When typing any of the /arena commands, they should have to die first before being able to go to a different arena.
I also recommend changing the height of the walls on the current and future arenas to prevent people from
jumping off to avoid fighting. This would also make bows and swords with knockback more effective, as the person you are fighting won't be pushed off the edge before you have a chance to kill them.

So, I did my best to make an arena that incorporated some of the suggestions- levers, lava, pistons, higher walls, etc.

Here are some screenshots and the world download file.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eddsdpjtl5e322h/T9K+-+Arena3.rar
I just tried this version and it has a very different feel than the current arena, there are more places to hide and regen health and more areas for strategy instead of just brute force, which is what the current arena can feel like at times. I really like it.

Another thing that could change the dynamic of the game would be to add patches of soul sand on the main level, it would fit with the artistic theme and might force people to run around the map with a little more care in their step.

So both those pictures are from the same arena? I just wanted to check that. I love whatever's going on in the first picture, that's exactly what I had in mind for some arena madness. :D

Yeah they are. The above ground is open area, while below is more tunnels, pistons, and stuff.

I also tried my hand at creating an arena, It has fewer pistons and moving parts as mountainboy965's does, but this might help with any potential lag issues.

Here are some screenshots and the world download fire:
http://bit.ly/1tjPlfM
Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

If we do decide on a new arena, it'll have to wait until Saturday as I'll be away from the server computer until then.

So I know what ya'll are thinking- "What!? Another arena to download and try?" Yes brothers and sisters. And this one is probably my favorite. It is an Egyptian inspired arena.

So, this map has quite a bit of potential. It could be used a capture-the-flag game. There is a red side and a blue side. Another possibility is that it could be used as a team vs team battle. When someone spawns in it, they would be either on the blue team or the red team, and there could be a running score for the blue/red teams.

Ok, I also have a request for this map if it is to be used. There are 4 little huts with glass walls. I would like for these to be used as teleports to either a red or blue platform at the highest point. I think that would be cool if it's possible.

Anyways, here are some screenshots and the world upload file. BTW, this upload file also contains the last arena I posted (the one with pistons, etc)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o68t7rjq9jb3p2w/T9K+-+Arena3(2).rar

Attachments

• 2014-11-29_09.45.43.png
    2014-11-29_09.45.43.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 2014-11-29_09.45.56.png
    2014-11-29_09.45.56.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 2014-11-29_09.46.28.png
    2014-11-29_09.46.28.png
    611.5 KB · Views: 217
So I know what ya'll are thinking- "What!? Another arena to download and try?" Yes brothers and sisters. And this one is probably my favorite. It is an Egyptian inspired arena.

So, this map has quite a bit of potential. It could be used a capture-the-flag game. There is a red side and a blue side. Another possibility is that it could be used as a team vs team battle. When someone spawns in it, they would be either on the blue team or the red team, and there could be a running score for the blue/red teams.

Ok, I also have a request for this map if it is to be used. There are 4 little huts with glass walls. I would like for these to be used as teleports to either a red or blue platform at the highest point. I think that would be cool if it's possible.

Anyways, here are some screenshots and the world upload file. BTW, this upload file also contains the last arena I posted (the one with pistons, etc)

Well this is probably the best looking arena to date. Great job :)

Although I think the world download link might be broken. I can't seem to reach the page but this may be an issue specific to me.

Teleporters can be implemented via command blocks encased in some type of block. As long as you don't let people get closer to it from the sides or bottom, you can use the nearest player alias (whatever that is) and relative positions (~0 ~5 ~0 = 5 up). This will be useful if we need to move the map around.

I really like this idea of having teams, something else we can do, is have a few 2-man teams that join a tournament, and then we set up a bracket and the teams go head to head against other teams and the winning team will win a few diamonds or gold or something. Maybe we could have a different tournament every weekend.

Back