Question, DirectTv or Dish Network?

As the title says, since comcast wasn't giving us the channels we paid for, and their customer service was awful, we've decided to switch. Now i suggested to my dad direct tv and dish, but both are very good compared to what we received for service. Also, do either services supply Internet?

I say go for DirectTV, they give good service. Dish network failed all my tests.

Well, I have AT&T Uverse, but they don't work so well for me. They have terrible customer service and there always seems to be something wrong with the internet. Although, Dish was very nice to and I did not experience any problems with them, but I am sure Direct TV is cool too. Your choice.

Do you know if they supply interwebz?
We have Epb for our internet and our tv provider. If you have had AT&AT they use the exact same tv system also I have EPB internet atm and I have a 100 Mbps speed. Have not disconnected from my internet for 15 days. :P

But best bet from my experience is EPB. Direct Tv is ok but has its tweaks. Dish is just awful. IF you have the slightest bit of rain your tv will go blank.
Epb televesion is exactly like AT&AT except at&at charges you extra money you aren't supposed to charge.
SO if your rich EPB. If you wanna be cheapish , DIrect tv. If you want good tv but dcs all the time Dish. If you want good tv but crumy payment issues AT&AT.

If you can get verizon FIOS, get it. The internet is wayyyyy more dependable than any cable internet I have had. Ever. My only complaint is the old bait and switch. It starts out at (for us anyway) 80 dollars a month with a bunch of channels but they way they billed it is they included a number of temporary discounts (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year) so my bill has just gotten bigger and bigger. I also noticed they keep taking away channels (we don't even get G4 anymore wtf...). Also installation can be costly depending on your location.

Satellite is great in most cases but it will always go out when it is storming or raining heavily.

Comcast interwebz are meh, they're OK I guess, but like when something doesn't work and I call the customer service, they're all like.. Oh, well.. I can't really do anything about it.. (like if a channel we pay for doesn't show up) it pisses me off

rsmv2you said:
AT&AT, AT&AT, at&at, AT&AT.
(its supposed to be AT&T ;))

Attachments

• image-2661760876.png
    image-2661760876.png
    746 KB · Views: 85
I have DirecTV, it's fine. To be honest, I'm dropping it after my contract with them expires. We only watch a select few channels, and I can get most of my entertainment from online. There is a plan you can sign up for with Verizon or AT&T that gives you DSL Internet (you could probably upgrade it) and DirecTV bundled together. I know of two people who have signed up for that. The one advantage I'd say DirecTV has is its sports channels, although you have to order them in a special package and pay out the ass for them, Dish Network doesn't have them.

Back