• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Questions about things in the 1.0 (i.e. previous) world

DOS622

Hi all,

I've had a little time in the last few days to get back to playing Minecraft and have been continuing to try to rebuild (parts of) the 1.0 world in single player (starting out from the map from Tsysin's server).

I'm close to finishing rebuilding Arcata Station (the one just north-east of the sphinx). Unfortunately I didn't have screenshots of the lower level where the rails were, but hopefully my memory is vaguely correct. I rode the track to Arcata and found that the station at that end of the line was badly griefed too (but at least not totally destroyed), so my first question:

Does anyone have any screen shots of the inside of the station there? I don't, and I only went there once, so I'm not sure I remember it well :)

An unrelated question: I noticed that the Haven railway station just north of spawn is almost totally destroyed. On the map, the plots aren't even owned by Haven any more. Did it actually get un-claimed and hence griefed before the server was "hacked"?

I believe the station was unclaimed as we no longer needed it when the portal system was implemented.

The rail station haven owned north-west of spawn was unclaimed as it was no longer needed, and was soon griefed afterwards. This occurred before the "hacking" incident took place. We still have the design for it if you wish to rebuild it though. =)

Ahh, thanks for the info! Thanks, but for now I think I'll stick to rebuilding things back to the pre-"hack" state, rather than thinking about what might have been, stick to the pure facts :) If "have the design for it" means you have it in creative, I guess a WorldEdit copy and paste would take care of rebuilding it pretty quickly though! :)

Dear God, there's still so much left to do..
2013-01-20_16.00.51-scaled.png

Before I get to that, can anyone help with screenshots or memories of the spawn tower? I "need" to know (otherwise I'll just guess):
- what the signs you saw when you left the tower said - "You must leave the meadow before you can build"?
- what the sign on the animal pen near the door said - "Pets of the administration"?
- what animals were in the pen - 1 ocelot? I guess it varied
- what the story was with the fenced-off hole on the other side of the doorway - could we see the bottom? were the walls dirt? what did the sign say - "site of future project"?
- what did the 2 signs on the skylands portal say?
- what did the 3 signs where new players spawned say?
- what did the sign next to the door you took to re-take the new player quiz say - "Enter to take the new player quiz again"?
- when blaze rods were added to the downstairs area of the spawn shop, I'm pretty sure from the wooden slabs left behind that the nether shop was extended 1 block to the left, so what happened to the diamond buyer, did that shop become 1 or 2 blocks wide?
- in the screenshots in this thread, and in my own screen shot, the wooden logs at the top of the spawn tower around the edge are on fire (apart from the high dive area), but I know these screen shots are all from before the big upgrade when the new spawn shop and the GPS were added. Was it still like this later? Were any changes at all made to the roof then?
- I don't recall seeing any ladders to the top of the tower any more after the upgrade, is this correct?
- was the bedrock block in the air (at about the height of the tower) a little way off to the north-west of the spawn tower with a redstone torch on top and paintings on the sides added by the "hackers" or was it already there?
- pictures of the outside of the tower would be useful

Also, kinda related to the spawn tower is the new player quiz. This post will probably help me to rebuild it but doesn't show all the text or anything.

The seed for the world was [redacted]. I believe it was Minecraft 1.1 when the full world (the ~8000 block radius circle) was generated.
uPWWLzR.png

Back