Random Dr. Who Question

Is the plural form of Tardis Tardises, or Tardi? Discuss.
Well, since only one exists I would guess that it would simply be tardis cause a second tardis would be physically impossible and if this was possible the possibility that 2 tardis,tardises, or tardi went to the same location, that would be the equivilant of diving by 0. So to answer your question, I don't think a answer exist, but, for the hell of it, lets say its tardisesisesi.

RSMV, you're right, to a point. Two Tardi/Tardises existing at the same time would be seemingly an impossibility, if they were to exist at the same time and location, a paradox would occur. HOWEVER, like Beese said, there was an episode or two with another Tardis. So, in the realm of Dr. Who, it's possible.

I'm going with Tardi, it just sounds right to me.

And past Tardi existed, remember "The Doctors Wife" episode?
RSMV, you're right, to a point. Two Tardi/Tardises existing at the same time would be seemingly an impossibility, if they were to exist at the same time and location, a paradox would occur. HOWEVER, like Beese said, there was an episode or two with another Tardis. So, in the realm of Dr. Who, it's possible.
That episode still makes my fuck turn to mind.

So for the fun of it, lets keep trying to figure out what it could possibly be, I'm still going with Tardi. Also, going through the series of tubes I found this, to simplyfy it they called it TARDISes and stated "The plural of TARDIS is still debated by Time Lords"

So if The Time Lords have had no luck figuring it out for their own invention, I don't think we will.

That episode still makes my fuck turn to mind.
And remember, in that episode the makeshift TARDIS they made went inside the original TARDIS, so if they did divide by zero, nothing happened.

I would have to agree that it would be Tardi, since the plural of cactus, octopus, and platypus all turn into cacti, octopi, and platypi.
HOWEVER, the plural of bus is buses.

I would have to agree that it would be Tardi, since the plural of cactus, octopus, and platypus all turn into cacti, octopi, and platypi.
HOWEVER, the plural of bus is buses.
Perhaps 1 syllabled words turn into -es and more syllabled words turn into -i? I don't know, that's just what I'm seeing. This just occured to me, perhaps it's like Pokemon, which has the same singular and plural.

@RSMV: *sigh* We're trying to have a light-hearted, semi-serious discussion about a TV show (which I know you're also a fan of) and you're just trolling this thread. If you're not willing/able to contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way, then perhaps you shouldn't contribute anything at all.

As far as I can think of off the top of my head, the only instances in the english language where the plural form of a noun ends with -i is if the singular form ends with -us, as in octopus (octopi) and cactus (cacti). Do correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Following this convention, the plural form of Tardis is Tardises

Is the plural form of Tardis Tardises, or Tardi? Discuss.

its Tardis or at that's how i see it, by the way moondoggy have you watch Dr. Who before? because i made a pixel art
in classic and you would be surprise how many people never heard of it.

You can't shorten(Tardi) an acronym. only tack things on the end of said acronym. So the Latin plural of Tardi doesn't count. It's more probably TARDISes or just TARDIS

Back